Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Using vit. C really necessary?  (Read 5922 times)

jesca

Using vit. C really necessary?
« on: April 24, 2012, 03:14:51 AM »
Hi, I have just purchased dermaroller 1.00 mm, and I have read some i instructions on how to use it. Is it okay for me to apply a cleanser after derma rolling with natural ingredients like tea tree since it is the only toner that suits my skin.?

Anyways, do i really need to have vit c serum application.? Or is it not compulsory to do so? thanks, hoping for your respond :)

soon

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 05:37:11 AM »
Hi Jesca,

I've read before (think it was from Sarah) that none of the other things are "necessary".

Sarah sells accompanying items that have scientific proof of improvement behind them.

Personally I use most owndoc items. I used to spend A LOT on hyped products. I look younger & better than 5 years ago. I believe its due to Single needeling, dermarolling, Vit C & Retin A.

I'm a bit amazed so many people are having issues with Vit C. I hope people are following guidelines of use & strength.        

Absolutely do not put cleanser or toner on your skin AFTER rolling. Your skin is open & tea tree oil would sting :o

Before you start cleanse & disinfect. After be as gentle as you can (Infadolan or an organic oil like Argan oil)

Don't put anything astringent on for a few days after rolling.

All the best with it.

Cheers Soon

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 10:18:07 AM »
Thank you, Soon, again for your reply and feedback!

No, vit. C or any other products are not absolutely necessary. Dermarolling will certainly work without them as well. They are just additional means to establish "ideal" conditions in the skin for regeneration and good functioning. Vit. C, if used regularity, also partially prevents further sun damage (sun damage is the main cause of skin aging). In combination with sunscreens of course. If your skin gets irritated by it, dilute it with more water.    

Do not use any cleansers or toners immediately after dermarolling, especially after dermarolljg with long needles (> 0.5 mm).  Just rinse your skin with tap water, let dry and apply something protective and very moisturizing. Oils are very suitable for dermarolling immediate aftercare but not etheric oils such as Tee Tree oil. You can apply Tee Tree oil cleanser a day after.