Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Poikiloderma of Civatte  (Read 6413 times)

mina

Poikiloderma of Civatte
« on: May 30, 2012, 06:59:48 AM »
Would rolling be beneficial - or advisable - on this condition?

I have a very mild  case on the side of my neck that I am wondering if I can improve.

It is damage from photosensitivity, apparently.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Poikiloderma of Civatte
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 11:46:18 AM »
There are several reasons why the skin is pigmented in Poikiloderma of Civatte.

Dilated blood vessels (reddish color) and melanin pigment overproduction (red-brownish color). The epidermis is thinned and there is usually a mild chronic inflammation.

Dermarolling cannot help with dilated blood vessels and inflammation but it can help with the pigment and it can thicken the skin.  

Nevertheless, dermarolling must be always used with caution in all conditions where chronic inflammation is potentially present (Rosacea, Melasma, Poikiloderma of Civatte etc.) because dermarolling, just like acid peels, lasers, massage, harsh exfoliation or any activity on the skin, including a sauna, cold wind etc. can in some cases worsen it (at least emporarily). You have to do a test patch to see how your skin reacts.

The most important in all these conditions is sun protection.

You could try a 0.5 mm regular dermaroller.

If you have brownish pigmentation, use Hydroquinone.

mina

Poikiloderma of Civatte
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 04:07:33 PM »
thanks sarah. I have only got the dilated blood vessels so I guess rolling isnt the course of action here for me.