Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Updating instructions and rolling pattern frequency  (Read 5585 times)

cris

• Forum member
Updating instructions and rolling pattern frequency
« on: June 09, 2012, 05:09:51 PM »
First, let me say that I’ve been faithfully dermarolling/dermastamping for a full three months on my acne scars and I like the results I’ve been seeing thus far.  I want to remain true to my goal and post an "after" picture when I’ve achieved optimal results.

I’ve been following the Owndoc dermarolling instructions since March and I noticed that they’re quietly updated every so often.  I only checked your latest update today and read that we’re no longer supposed to roll in a star pattern.  You also removed information about the amount of times we should roll.  

I’m also very confused by this line from your instructions,

"After having rolled the skin horizontally or vertically, you should not repeat the procedure, because if you merely move the roller head a few mm to the side every new roll, you'll have achieved a high prick density."

So, do you mean that we should only roll ONCE horizontally and vertically?  And not perform continuous rolls in the same area?  I assumed that people would want to achieve a high prick density?  

I have been accustomed to your previous instructions and dermaroll twice a week with my 0.5 dermaroller and roll eight times horizontally, vertically, and diagonally.  However in the last month I started rolling more than eight times in each direction and noticed that my skin has appeared better looking because of it.  Previously, when I rolled only 8 times each way I noticed that the next day my skin looked normal.  However, since rolling more I noticed a bit of dryness/peeling and redness the following two days after, which I assume is a sign that my skin healing.  When that subsided, my skin looked noticeably better.  I don’t know if this result is preferable than seeing nothing the day after.  My only concern is the possibility that I’ve over-rolling in one session.  I’m not rolling excessively, but it is definitely more than eight times per direction.      

Aside from my question, I wanted to make a friendly suggestion and ask if you could possibly post a "sticky" in this forum to let us know when the instructions have been updated and mentioning what has been changed (so we don’t have to re-read everything).  I think that would be incredibly helpful to your new and existing customers.

Thanks for all your help Sarah!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Updating instructions and rolling pattern frequency
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 11:49:36 AM »
It's very hard to be clear, sometimes I spend a lot of time on a sentence and it is still not clear, sorry about that.

The text mentions: "If you move the roller head a few mm to the side every new roll, you'll have achieved a high prick density."

But it is not important, really. You can either do as I advised (I removed it again, to avoid confusion) or you can roll an area more than once. As you discovered, certain rolling intensities may give better results than others - that is individual.

Also, the star-pattern is not bad either. It's just that we now think that the currently recommended way is the best.

We very often slightly modify the instructions, this time it was "major" in the sense of recommending a different rolling technique so perhaps we should have announced that here, good idea for next time..