Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Hyper-pigmentation after dermarolling using 1.5mm dermastamp  (Read 32296 times)

echnarcissus

Hyper-pigmentation after dermarolling using 1.5mm dermastamp
« on: April 25, 2011, 10:50:34 PM »
Hi,

I just completed my first session 4 days back, and I was pretty rigorous with the 1.5mm dermastamp especially in the areas where i had deeper scars. After 4 days, the areas that I treated are looking dark red-brown to me. Is this hyperpigmentation permanent, or just a result of microswelling? It just doesn't look like the typical redness people talk about after dermarolling, especially because it's been 4 days now.

I've applied aloe-vera and vitamin E oil several times hoping that it would subside the redness-brownness.

I'm of olive skin colour, bythe way.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 06:12:56 AM »
Hyperpigmentation after dermarolling or dermastamping is totally normal and it will disappear. The skin is being renewed and until this process has completed, the skin may appear hyperpigmented. The crucial thing is to protect the rolled or stamped areas from the sun and keep it moisturized.

felucci

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 01:22:36 AM »
can skin lightening creams be used for hyperpigmentation after the treatment? or will it contaminate/affect the newly-treated skin? i've been using metaderm and i would wish to continue using it after the treatment. is that okay> thanks!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 01:41:09 PM »
You can continue using it, no problem.

annonymous

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 08:20:56 AM »
Hi,

I have just started using derma rolling and my skin has become quite darker to my normal skin colour, is this normal?

Also should I keep using the derma roller or stop until the skin becomes lighter and how long will it take for it to go back to normal?

If anyone can help plz x

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 09:17:43 AM »
Just to be sure I understand correctly - you are of caucasian descent and your skin became black after dermarolling? Or just darker? Or do you have dark skin naturally?

Could you post a picture where you compare both skin colors side-by side?

It's normal that the skin becomes a few shades darker after rolling. If your skin is normally dark, it could become black, yes.

But that is only temporary.

annonymous

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 08:39:29 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me, I have a light brown complexion and my skin has become darker.

How long will it take to go back to my normal skin colour and also is it safe to keep rolling.

Thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 12:52:08 PM »
It is not the same for everybody. It is usually gone within several days.

You must apply a sunscreen when you go outside. Hyperpigmentation after deep single needling or aggressive dermarolling can sometimes last for a couple of weeks.

The skin becomes darker after invasive procedures, such as chemical peels, lasers, dermabrasion etc.

The skin after a deep acid peel:

Attached files

boafriend

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 07:26:22 PM »
I wanted to ask (since I had in another thread and haven't received a response) about the skin in the area where I've dermastamped/suctioned (and this kind of goes along w/ effects of the skin after dermstamping, so I felt this thread would be an appropriate place to ask). I've noticed since suctioning that the small patch where I stamp appears to have small creases all over (kind of wrinkly). Are these just the pinpoint marks resurfacing or is this a sign that the area is healing/forming new collagen? Thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 12:04:08 PM »
Small creases or any other unevenness in color or texture is totally normal after microneedling. The skin is being healed and renewed and until the process is completely finished, the skin can look different from normal.

boafriend

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 08:57:18 PM »
SarahVaughter;3747 wrote: Small creases or any other unevenness in color or texture is totally normal after microneedling. The skin is being healed and renewed and until the process is completely finished, the skin can look different from normal.

Ok, thanks Sarah. That makes me feel slightly more at ease. I just wish the scars would fill in and level more, but thanks.