Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Should I use A-ret on single-needled icepick scars that became black?  (Read 5141 times)

Inkii

Hi,

I have been using the single needling technique on some ice pick scars, approximately 1mm x 1mm x 2mm (depth). After needling these scars (holes), they have turned a black colour and have remained that way for 4 or 5 months. I have so far let them be, but have become a bit impatient. I have retin A but have never applied it there. Should I apply retin A to these scars or should I just let them be?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
I am not completely sure what you mean. Do you have hyperpigmentation now in the scars (brownish red color) or did they turn really black and they look like blackheads (that would be very strange and I have never heard about this). Would it be possible for you to send a photo to sarah@owndoc.com?

Did you needle the scars during those five months? How many times have you needled in total? Did it happen to all the needled scars or just some of them?

You should start applying the A-Ret on one scar only to see what happens.