Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Recent Deep Scars  (Read 5492 times)

Hoping2improve

• Forum member
Recent Deep Scars
« on: July 15, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
Hello Sarah,

I was making progress on my stretch marks and was needling almost on schedule until Mid June. I had a horrendous accident which left me with scarring on my left elbow, both knees, left shin and both feet. It wouldn’t be such a big issue if it hadn’t left shiny scar tissue (sort of like being burned) and a TON of hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation. It took almost 3 weeks for the final scab to fall off, so, I didn’t do anything to my skin at all. I am so depressed at this point because I have so many stretch marks that where just starting sort of blend more and 2 huge surgery scars on my right leg (major knee surgery)  :'(. These scars (new and old) along with other major life problems have put my emotions to the ringer. I feel ridiculous at times for having these feelings when there are other worldly issues that should be a priority, but I can’t help it. I have been heavily  scarred since I was 16 years old and I finally discovered something that could possible lessen my scars appearance, but to add these very deep new scars really is sending my emotions into a whirl spin. Honestly, if it was just stretch marks then I would more than likely not be so frustrated, but this is added too so many other types of body scarring, etc is a bit overwhelming. I am just tired of never being able to wear shorts or skirts (stopped when I was 16 due to scarring).

My Question: Although I know that my body will continue to heal itself for up to a year, I know (through experience) that the type of deep scarring that I have will remain shiny long after the final healing stage has completed. So, could I just needle these new scars to reduce the shiny appearance of the scars? The scars are about 1 month old.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:27:00 PM by Hoping2improve »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Recent Deep Scars
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 06:13:30 PM »
Sorry for the delayed answer. We were on holidays.

I do not know how deep your scars are but if they are only one month old and they are a result of skin abrasion during the accident, there is a big chance they will heal without leaving any scar.

Do not use anything on them (apart from moisturizing - the more you moisturize the better) for first eight weeks. Then you can start with dermarolling or dermastamping.

If you have old scars with hardened collagen (such as surgical scars, accident scars, burn scars, stretch marks etc), apply Tretinoin cream (we sell it) right after rolling/stamping/needling.