Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Different length needles on face?  (Read 5531 times)

GigiA

Different length needles on face?
« on: June 25, 2012, 08:11:43 PM »
I have been rolling for about 3 months now on my face with a 1 mm roller (about 7 times, I think), and I think I am starting to see some improvement (yay!), particularly in the fine lines at the top of my cheeks/under the eye area.

However, I would like to get more improvement in the area at the sides of my mouth/lower cheek region. When rolling, I NEVER get bleeding in this area (although it does turn red), and it is the part which hurts the least, I guess because it is the fleshiest. So my question is: should I use a 1.5 mm roller on this part of my face? Would the deeper penetration mean I would see greater improvement/sooner, or does the fact that it turns red with the 1 mm mean that it is working, but that it will take a bit longer because the skin is looser here?

I know 3 months is early days, but just wondering if it needs a bit of a kick-along.

Thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Different length needles on face?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 04:03:04 PM »
If you have wrinkles right around your lips, I recommend a 1.5 mm dermastamp. A 1,5 mm dermastamp goes deep and it is easy to maneuver in this area. The area around the lips is very sensitive and you will likely need a numbing cream.

Concerning skin sagging. As we age the skin starts to sag because of:

- loosening of the ligament attachments that attach the skin to the underlying tissues and to the bone

-loss of skin elasticity

-loss of fat

-gravitational forces

A dermaroller can improve only one of them: The loss of skin elasticity.

A 1 mm dermaroller reaches the dermis and it should improve the elasticity.

I do not know whether there will be any significant difference in the effects of a 1 mm and a 1.5 mm dermaroller, concerning your lower face.

The skin around the eyes is thin, while the skin on the cheeks is quite thick so you can give a 1.5 mm a try.

You can roll with your 1 mm roller in between the sessions with the 1.5 mm roller.

I have received several emails from our customers saying that the most effective approach that improved their sagging skin was a combination of a short-needled dermaroller (a 0.5 mm or shorter), used several times a week and a long-needled dermaroller (a 1 mm or longer) used according to our instructions.