Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: 0.2 mm roller hurts a lot - is this normal?  (Read 6952 times)

geijutsu12

• Forum member
0.2 mm roller hurts a lot - is this normal?
« on: July 12, 2012, 01:14:08 PM »
Sarah,

I just had a 0.2 roller session to enhance product penetration, and it got me kinda worried.

I'm a male with fairly thick skin (no pun intended) yet when I rolled I experienced pain that is almost as intense as rolling with a 1.5 roller, my face got really red, still actually even after 30 minutes, and my skin still kinda rages as I'm sitting writing this, all of the symptons appear to be very similar to what I'd experience if I actually skin needled for trauma and not for product penetration, so I'm confused that the roller may not have just made superficial "pockets" in my skin, but they might have rather went a little deeper.

I'm concerned because I've read on several times -including your site- that rolling with a 0.2 roller shouldn't cause any pain, yet I experienced it fairly while needling.

Is this normal?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:31:47 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: 0.2 roller hurts a lot - is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »
I am not sure I ever wrote that the 0.2 mm is painless. If I did, I was being overly optimistic, because it hurts.

I know there are sites that claim the shorter-needled rollers are painless. Well, that's not true at all. The first time I rolled with a 0.2 mm roller on my cheeks, it was very painful. So yes, it is completely normal.

Others can perhaps comment as well about their experience?

geijutsu12

• Forum member
Re: 0.2 mm roller hurts a lot - is this normal?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 06:56:13 AM »
Thanks Sarah, it's day two now and my face is still burning, mainly the cheeks.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: 0.2 mm roller hurts a lot - is this normal?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 10:22:46 AM »
I found the "no pain" assertion you referred to. I removed it, thank you for pointing that out.