Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Advice needed for the scars in the photo  (Read 20506 times)

sunrise

Advice needed for the scars in the photo
« on: August 23, 2012, 02:01:30 PM »
Dear Sarah,
Please advice me what length of roller or stamp i should be using on this type of scars seen in the photos. Please note the raised scars on my nose.I am 23 yrs old female,i have been using 1.5mm derma stamp on these scars weekly once past 2 months.Nose has shown improvement but the pitted scars show no sign of improvement.i notice slight pin point bleeding while stamping and i am ready to go outside in a day or two. I get very concious in public and hardly go outside because of clear visibility of these scars.upto what extent these scars can reduce?
P.S:Also please suggest the frequency of stamping or rolling.

sunrise

Re: Advice needed for the scars in the photo
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 02:06:21 PM »
Please find few more pics

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 04:47:43 PM »
A dermastamp is an excellent choice in your case and a 1.5 mm size should improve your scars if you have patience to stamp for many months.

If you get no improvement, try a 2 mm dermastamp. Your scars do not seem to be really deep but it is necessary to try different approaches.

I think the best way is not to stamp all your scars in one sessions but to stamp very densely several scars whenever you have time. Each time you stamp different scars.

Each scar should be stamped only once in three weeks but very thoroughly and densely.

If you get no results, add the suction method:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/subcision-suction-method-for-acne-scars/

The suction method works best on rolling type of scars (which you do not have) but it is worth trying on any stubborn scars.

In a few weeks we should have a suction device in stock.

sunrise

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 09:23:06 AM »
Hi sarah.!! regarding the frequency of stamping,i can not afford to stamp my scars densely as the downtime would be 3 to 4 days and  i hav to report to work everyday except on saturdays and sundays.Hence i stamp my scars every week in such a way taht i can report to work on monday without any problem.
My question here is,will it be okay to stamp mildly every week(ofcourse slight blood is observed) with 1.5 derma stamp as i am not stamping densely? what could be the repercussion of the same?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:24:42 AM by sunrise »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 06:18:41 AM »
Yes, you can do weekly mild stampings, no problem. The redness after deep, dense stamping can indeed last for days but it is individual and it varies amongst people.

The suction method can even cause bruises so if you ever try it, do it on Friday evening and on a very small area.

sunrise

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 04:20:41 AM »
Hi Sarah,
this is an update of 3 months of stamping with 1.5 derma stamp(every week) on the raised scars on the nose and depressed scars on the cheek. i see no improvement so far on the depressed scars at all. The raised scars have shown little though negligible difference but it has caused large open pores on the nose(because a day after stamping i get tiny puss filled pimple wen it dries it leaves a large ugly pore).How do i prevent this?
I am getting very frustrated. should i use 2.0 derma stamp??
I have seen people with more depressed or difficult scars show improvement. Then why my scars are not improving at all.
Please suggest sarah
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:44:28 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 10:46:42 AM »
There is hardly a more difficult skin problem than scars on the nose. Stop stamping the nose. The nose area is always unpredictable and it can react "wildly" to any treatments. Usually, doctors refuse to do laser treatment on the nose because it can turn out bad. You said in your initial posting that the scars on the nose improved so I though you may as well give it a try but it does not seem to be a good idea, at least not in your case.

You could try our 0.5 % Tretinoin cream for the nose (use every second day before you go to bed). Use just a little. Long term, it could slowly remodel the skin by speeding up the turnover of the skin but it can take a year.

Continue stamping your cheeks (that is safe) but instead of mild weekly stamp, do very dense and deep stamping of one or two scar at a time. When it heals, stamp another one. Thus you will not be red all over and you can perhaps get away with just one or two red spots at work.

Let me/us know how things progressed after three months.

sunrise

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 12:56:36 PM »
thanks for the advice sarah..!! i will update you after 3 months. But if possible please suggest sumthing for my nose...i cant live wid it all my life..

brownbear

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »
You should look into steroid / cortisone injections, or cauterization. I have one similar raised scar on my nose and these procedures have come up on other forums, and they might help. You should find a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon that offers these treatments.

Another thing to try is a silicone sheet for hypertrophic scars, and wear that on top of the scar >12h per day for a few months. I'm trying it now, but I'm not sure if it is that effective, unfortunately. If I were you, the first thing I would do is find a doctor who could do cortisone injections and see if they help.

cj123

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 12:19:03 AM »
You should look into steroid / cortisone injections, or cauterization.

I would be very careful with steroid injections. They can cause holes in your skin if too much is injected. This may or may not fill in again. Especially on the nose since that is made up of cartilage and it does not regrow.