Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: cleaning dermaroller alternatives  (Read 6293 times)

genfeast

cleaning dermaroller alternatives
« on: August 29, 2012, 09:17:43 PM »
Hi Sarah,

I have searched the forum for tips on cleaning rollers, unfortunately Chloramine-T and low level Isopropanol (only 70%) is near impossible to find in New Zealand - is  Iodine Tincture strong enough?

I have found one it lists ingredients as - Ethanol, Iodine 25g/L, Potassium Iodide25g/L, Water 

- doesn't list level of ethanol I have searched an found generally makeup of iodine tincture has about 45% - 50%

would there be a problem with iodine staining the needles?

thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: cleaning dermaroller alternatives
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 10:42:53 AM »
Chloramine-T is very easily available in New Zealand because we ship to NZ customers :-)

NZD 5 for the Chloramine-T and NZD 2.5 for shipping. Likely, this is a cheaper solution than a locally bought alternative. Very effective as well, that's why we sell it. Since it is a powder, it can be sent in a small envelope, and you dissolve it into water. You can make more than a gallon of disinfecting solution on a par, or better than any other chemical disinfection method available.

I'm sorry but this is a forum to support our own products only, not to suggest alternatives sold by competing vendors. However, when you search this forum, alternatives are mentioned regularly, or perhaps someone in NZ has a suggestion for you, if you're in a rush to get started.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: cleaning dermaroller alternatives
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 10:47:41 AM »
Oops - forgot to say whether Iodine can be used to disinfect the roller.

No - it will corrode the needles:

https://http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5376
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:48:02 AM by SarahVaughter »