Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: dermaroller or dermastamp for scars?  (Read 10186 times)

aaron

• Forum member
dermaroller or dermastamp for scars?
« on: September 04, 2012, 05:46:28 PM »
I have some stretch marks on my knees (only 2 on each knee) and a very old scar on my knee as well. I don't know whether I should use a dermastamp or a dermaroll to improve them. If anyone has used both, which one is less painful and easier to use?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: dermaroller or dermastamp for scars?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 03:12:29 PM »
Use a 2 mm dermastamp (the skin is thick in that area) and apply 0.1% Tretinoin cream right afterwards (we sell it) to help remove the hardened collagen scar tissue.

You do not have to insert the full length of the needles. First concentrate on the surface of the scar, later go deeper.

If the 2 mm size scares you, buy a 1.5 mm dermastamp. It will probably be enough.

You do not need the vit. C or copper peptides.

Keep the stamped area moisturized. Apply Tretinoin and then something moisturizing on top of it. Preferably some oil. Just a little is enough. You can also buy our Infadolan ointment for stamping afercare.

aaron

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 02:37:04 PM »
Thank you so much for your help Sarah :) What do you think is more painful, a dermastamp or a dermaroller?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 02:28:11 PM »
A dermastamp is less painful than a dermaroller. Read here why:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/hyperpigmentation-and-scars/

It especially applies to the dermastamp with 35 needles. We also sell now a dermastamp with 80 needles.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:28:38 PM by SarahVaughter »