Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Need advice to start  (Read 8274 times)

deputy pork

• Forum member
Need advice to start
« on: August 05, 2012, 09:10:11 PM »
Hi - I am 42 female with lots of ice pick scars.  I want to try something but not sure which is best: rolling, stamp, or single needling or a combination?  if I roll can I roll my whole face or just the scars?  I use camellia oil on my face now - would this still be good after treatment. Thank you

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Need advice to start
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 03:20:24 PM »
Use a 2 mm dermastamp on the scars. Any type of oil is a good moisturizer after dermaneedling (except etheric oils of course - they should be heavily diluted.)

deputy pork

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 07:52:44 PM »
Thanks so much. A couple other questions.  I still get whiteheads around my mouth and chin sometimes but my scars are on my on my cheeks and that is what I plan on stamping.  Is that safe?  My scars are ice pick and have white marks in them.  My skin is pink around the scars.  So what is a good stamping technique and do you think I should do a .5 roller as well?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 05:22:37 PM »
There is absolutely no problem stamping your cheeks if you have whiteheads elsewhere. It is just not a good idea to roll or stamp over really serious acne (painful acne with pus).

If your ice pick scars are very deep, use a 2 mm dermastamp. If they are just deep, use a 1.5 mm dermastamp.
If you have post acne spots or a skin that is prone to acne, or uneven pigmentation or texture, add rolling with a 0.5 mm regular dermaroller.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 05:39:34 PM by SarahVaughter »

deputy pork

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 07:07:24 PM »
Thanks so much. I think I am about ready to start.  If I use the 1.5mm stamp how often should I apply the Infadolen? Just after stamping or for a few days? I use silkia camelia oil in the morning and at night after my cleanser. Do I need the vitc as well and the retin-a?  I use an oil of Olay cleanser that gently exfoliates- do I need to change my cleanser after I start stamping?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 05:28:32 PM »
If you are prone to acne, then apply Infadolan only after stamping.
Otherwise just a little for a few days. Camellia oil is also moisturizing so it is OK.

If you have no pigmentations or post acne spots then you do not need Tretinoin.

Vit. C is necessary for collagen production but if you are young and you eat healthily, it is not absolutely necessary for dermarolling.

No, you do not have to change your cleanser.