Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: How deep should I go and how do I know?  (Read 10197 times)

Tuffydulittle

How deep should I go and how do I know?
« on: September 09, 2012, 11:34:05 PM »
Sarah,
Hi, couple of questions on expectations.  Today i did my first rolling session with the 1.5 multi line roller on several areas.  I cleaned areas with alcohol first then a betadine solution before rolling. I rolled in one direction over he stretchmarks and scars and then across them several times.  Now it was some uncomfortable but I used no ice or numbing.
Then I applied the infadalon to each area. 

My question is how do you know if you are getting the depth you need and getting to the dermis as you want?  I don't have much redness or swelling in the areas just some marks that look like track marks or red prickly marks.  they seem to have already somewhat gone away in many areas.  My concern is I might not be  pushing hard enough.  How do I know?  only couple places of small blood pricks.    I guess I just thought it would really be painful and hurt alot more than it did. 
One thing I know for sure you don't want to pull the roller backwards, it is excruciating or feels more like a deep scratching.

Now with me using the wide roller which I understand every 4 weeks.  Should I use the single line roller in between on indivdual scars or stretchmarks.

Also can you roll on face where you have had fillers injected?

Thanks so much.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:43:13 PM by SarahVaughter »

purple_buttefly

• Forum member
Re: How deep should I go and how do I know?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 12:24:10 PM »
You're treating stretchmarks too, cool. :)

I use a 1.5mm every 5 to 6 weeks, so far I've done three needling and I'm on my third single needling.

You don't have to bleed to get results, some areas I get more pinpoint bleeding (probably what you described as the red prickly marks) than others.

Oh and the pain doesn't last long and nor does the redness, areas I roll can itch for a few days afterwards though.

Hope I've helped a bit. :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 05:05:16 AM »
From what you described, you have certainly penetrated deep enough. A 1. 5 mm dermaroller will always penetrate to the dermis.

Stretch marks are difficult to improve and combining dermarolling with dermastamping or single needling or a one liner roller is a good idea. You could use a 1.5 mm dermastamp and the Tretinoin cream on individual stretch marks in between your rolling sessions:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Stretch-Marks-individual-needling

Concerning the other question: The fillers are injected deep into the dermis so it is wise to avoid really long needles on the face, such as 2 mm, respectively not rolling or stamping with them directly over the areas with the filler. If the needles reach the filler, it could theoretically speed up the diminishing of the filler. There is no other reason or problem.

Tuffydulittle

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 09:53:21 AM »
Sarah,
Thank your for your link to the further directions.  So many posts here it's hard sometimes to find information that's need.

I see now that I roll with the regular roller and then in the weeks between the next rolling session I should single roll each
stretchmark.  I also must have at least one week break before beginning session again.

On my larger tummy tuck scar, I rolled this area too but believe single needling might be a good idea.  My concern is how
to know you are not pushing to deep or not deep enough.  How do you gauge this?  This is a little bit scary for me. 
Can you give me some idea on this?

I believe to what I read it's important to keep vit. C and ret. A (tret.)  on areas so to stay moist.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 05:11:44 PM »
Single-needling or dermastamping a tummy tuck scar is a very good idea and there is a good chance the scar will improve. In this case, a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles is perhaps a better option than the single needle because a tummy tuck scar is usually quite wide.

You should needle to a depth where you get occasional pinpoint bleeding.

Right after stamping, apply our 0.1% Tretinoin cream and on top of that, apply something very moisturizing (for example our Infadolan ointment or some good quality oil).

Tuffydulittle

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 02:04:30 PM »
Thanks so much Sarah for the advice on the dermastamp for my tummy tuck scar.

Now my question on this point is this.  Since I have the original 1.5 mm roller, should I roll and then dermastamp the scar as well or just stamp?
If I should alternate, what would you suggest as a timeframe in between?

Also, there is  a little saggy, puckering of skin on inside of legs up by my crotch from pregnancy. It's on both legs and while saggy it's also got stretchmarks
too.  Would you suggest the dermaroller for this area or dermastamping.  So far I have just rolled it with my 1.5 roller and then went back and tried to single
line roller the individual stretchmark areas. 

Thanks for your help.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 11:03:25 AM »
You can roll and stamp the scars during one session but always add stamping or single needling to your dermarolling sessions for scars because it is more targeted and intensive and it crushes the hardened collagen bundles of surgical and other scars.

Dermarolling the whole area will slightly improve skin sagging so both rolling and stamping/needling are useful.

I recommend the same combination (a 1.5 mm roller and a 1.5 mm dermastamp) for your skin puckering. Dermarolling cannot completely reverse skin sagging (surgical skin lift is often necessary in these cases) but it can improve it.