Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Does anyone have any good news regarding their stretch marks?  (Read 9645 times)

Amyk

• Forum member
Does anyone have any good news regarding their stretch marks?
« on: September 14, 2012, 01:07:57 PM »
 Hi all, I am new to this forum..I posted some pics yday of some of my stretch marks. I feel so depressed and don't know if I have any chance of improving my skin. I just wondered if any of you have had any recent success or good results dermarolling your stretch marks? Any advice or comments would be appreciated x
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 04:30:23 PM by Amyk »

purple_buttefly

• Forum member
Re: Does anyone have any good news regarding their stretch marks?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 07:39:19 AM »
Hi Amy

This picture was posted on Sarah's website http://www.owndoc.com/uploads/tanned-treated-stretchmarks-bottom.jpg

This was taken outside in a garden after treating the stretch marks for one and a half years, the results were from rolling and the single needles.  I'm not sure if the lady who sent in the picture sent anymore afterwards as it said she would continue with the rolling.

Personally I've only been rolling since June so it's hard to tell at the moment, think some of the marks on my arms are getting lighter and smaller though, but it's nothing major.

purple_buttefly

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 05:21:44 AM »
just thought i'd add to this and post a picture of my worst arm (my right)
I will add that there's been little improvement elsewhere (legs, hips and sides of stomach) but I presume this is down to the skin being thicker in those areas.  I have other areas with sm's but I decided not to bother rolling as they don't bother me as much.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 05:28:07 AM by purple_buttefly »

Amyk

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 04:50:31 PM »
Thank you for the reply and photo purple butterfly...I can hardly see anything on your arm, would you say there has been a big improvement? Comments like these give me hope I will be able to improve my skin if I stick to it! I have only dermarolled twice in 6 weeks so I know it's a long time before I will see any improvement...just have to be patient I think x

purple_buttefly

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 05:35:29 PM »
I'd say there's been a slight improvement, obviously there's still a long way to go but don't give up. :)

Here's another from this morning

Here's a photo taken by a friend back in 2007, not just of my arms though lol

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 05:42:28 PM by purple_buttefly »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 11:04:51 AM »
To Purple Butterfly:

Needling with a single needle is very effective for stretch marks but the skin on the upper arm is unfortunately too thin for this treatment and
needling often causes bruising here. Bruising is harmless but unsightly. You would do better in using a 1 mm dermastamp on the stretchmarks on the upper arm.

purple_buttefly

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 05:07:22 AM »
Thanks for the advice Sarah. :)