Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: What to do about lines on my face?!  (Read 7697 times)

TennesseeTrish

What to do about lines on my face?!
« on: September 27, 2012, 07:49:27 PM »
Hi Sarah,

I would like to purchase some dermarolling products but need advice on what to buy according to my skin problems. I have included some pictures. I lost 25-30 lbs over the last year and the wrinkles on my face are now showing lol. I have been a smoker for many years as well and know this has taken a toll on my skin, but when I was heavier the wrinkles were not as evident!!! Please advise me,  I will be 50 next month and am feeling very self conscious about my facial skin.  Thank you so much!!! :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 05:03:47 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: What to do about lines on my face?!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 09:33:57 AM »
First of all, congratulations with your weight loss. Losing weight is difficult but keeping the lost weight off is even harder. Not many people
manage. The only downside of losing weight is that the fat makes the skin beautifully plumped up and wrinkles are almost invisible. Basically, you either have to sacrifice your face or your butt. Meaning, if you want to have a naturally wrinkle-free face, you basically have to be at least
moderately obese (= huge butt).  As soon as your butt shrinks, say goodbye to the plumpness of the face. It's not fair, is it?

I am a bit confused about the lines on your face because from the photos (the photos may be misleading) the lines almost look like stretch marks. Do the lines on your cheeks differ anyhow from the wrinkles around your eyes (you do not have many)?

Also, on the photos, there seems to be something right above your lips. Or is it just an artefact of the illumination?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:17:45 AM by SarahVaughter »

TennesseeTrish

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 07:24:13 PM »
Hi Sarah, 
I have included some additional photos so that maybe you can see my skin better. To me the crows feet look pretty much the same as the cheek wrinkles and I do have smokers lines above my lips as well. My skin just seems leathery ! My cheeks almost appear puckered.  I really need to do something soon. Thank you for your help. I look forward to getting started with some products soon if you think rolling would help. :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 04:59:55 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 05:38:48 PM »
I see. In those new photos, the lines look like ordinary wrinkles.
I recommend our 0.5 % Tretinoin cream.

Please read some general information about Tretinoin here to find out what to expect. Read especially the reply with the studies:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/questions-about-our-three-a-ret-creams/

Buy a regular 0.5 mm dermaroller (roll up to three times a week) and a 1.5 mm regular dermaroller (roll densely every three weeks.
For the wrinkles above your lips, use a 1.5 mm dermastamp. You may need a numbing cream here. You can also use the dermastamp to stamp the deepest wrinkles on your cheeks as well. You can use the 1.5 roller and the 1.5 stamp during the same session.

TennesseeTrish

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 04:02:31 PM »
Thank you Sarah, I placed my order today and look forward to starting with the rolling. You've been great. Take care, Trish