Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Product absorption needle size  (Read 6906 times)

lilfi

Product absorption needle size
« on: October 04, 2012, 06:11:57 AM »
I am going to start using retin a, and would like some advice on needling beforehand to help absorption.

Deciding between the .25 or ,5 needle length, i would like to know if the pain level would feel the same for needles of this size.

I was looking to get the .25 to use every second day but in fact i might have better results using the .5 and using it less?

FOr how long does the absorption increase work? FOr example is it up to 2 hours afterwards or even at 24 hours is absorption increased?

How long to wait to apply retin a afterwards? (to avoid a bad reaction)

thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Product absorption needle size
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »
Retin A contains Tretinoin (Retinoic acid), which is acidic. It can sting and make the skin quite irritated if you enhance its absorption by dermarolling. Some of our customers do apply the A-Ret right after dermarolling but you must be very careful and do a test patch on a small part of your skin first to find out how your skin reacts.

Also, it takes the skin some time to get used to Tretinoin so start applying it without dermarolling at first. Apply it on the days that you do not roll.

A 0.25 mm should be slightly less painful. What kind of skin condition are you trying to improve?

The increased absorption is the highest right after dermarolling. It does not last for 24 hours, neither hours, even though increased absorption may occur to a certain extent for hours.

lilfi

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 02:31:59 PM »
Thanks for the info.

I'm 38 so my skin is starting to show some age, i would like to improve the tone/tighten up a bit through increasing the collagen levels. Hence the combination of retin a and rolling to help it to be absorbed more.

I have had nasolabial folds appear in the last year, 11's and crows feet which i was planning to use a stamp (1mm) perhaps to target these problem areas once a month.

Last year i had 3 sessions of 1.5mm rolling done by a BT. I didn't see much improvement in the wrinkles to be honest, but it did improve some small acne scars.

Because of the results of this i thought rather than repeat treatment like that, i would opt for a more frequent but smaller needle size and use the retin a with it as I had good results with retin a some years ago.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 04:22:50 PM »
>i would like to improve the tone/tighten up a bit through increasing the
>collagen levels. Hence the combination of retin a and rolling to help it
>to be absorbed more.

Tretinoin evens out the skin tone.

Please read my second posting to get more info about Tretinoin:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/questions-about-our-three-a-ret-creams/

Buy a regular 0.5 mm dermaroller and roll about twice a week.

>I have had nasolabial folds appear in the last year,

Nasolabial fold is a bit more complicated and do not expect much:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/dermarolling-a-deep-nasolabial-fold/

>11's and crows feet which i was planning to use a stamp (1mm)

A 1 mm or a 1,5 mm dermastamp is a great choice for the so called 11's  and these wrinkles very often improve.

If you have wrinkles above the upper lip, use the stamp there too. This area is very sensitive and you may need a numbing cream here (I do). These wrinkles also often respond well to intensive microneedling.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 03:45:27 PM by SarahVaughter »