Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Why does Dr. Roller say: "Do not reuse and do not resterilize"?  (Read 5930 times)

Annes

Why does Dr. Roller say: "Do not reuse and do not resterilize"?
« on: October 26, 2012, 02:39:50 PM »
Hello, I just bought Dr.roller. I am asking, if I can use it more than once ewen though in manual it says "do not reuse" and "do not resterilize"
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 03:11:45 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: "do not reuse"
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 02:50:33 PM »
Certainly you can do that. The manufacturer simply covers their bases legally, since if they implicitly endorse reuse they may be legally liable when a practitioner uses a roller on a HIV-positive person and an hour later uses it on another person.

There is absolutely no reason why you can't reuse your own roller or why you can't sterilize it, except that autoclaving would of course melt the plastic. So this disclaimer is also just a way of avoiding claims of damaged rollers. Sterilization = using heat above the boiling point of water for a long time. Sterilization is something else than disinfection, which is what you should do with the roller, using alcohol or Chloramine-T.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 03:12:22 PM by SarahVaughter »