Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Suggestion for cheek scars please  (Read 6709 times)

Itachi

• Forum member
Suggestion for cheek scars please
« on: November 02, 2012, 02:00:04 AM »
Hey Sarah,

I've been using retin-a for past 4 years, on and off, but it really hasnt being doing much. Now I'm ready to proceed with dermaroller, and I need some feedback regarding the proper length for my type of scars. I've read about suction combined with dermaroller on this forum, so I was wondering what you would suggest? Thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Suggestion for cheek scars please
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 12:58:37 PM »
Retin-A itself does not really improve acne scars. Retin A (it contains Tretinoin) has the most dramatic effect on severely sun damaged skin, pigmentations and acne, to certain extent on wrinkles and loss of elasticity and it helps to soften hardened scars (from surgery, stretchmarks etc.) but it does not fill in the scar. Microneedling on the contrary often fills in the scar or at least partially.

Buy a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles. You do not have to stamp all scars in one session. You can stamp one cheek, do it very thoroughly, let it heal and stamp the other.

The big scar on the first photo may even benefit from a 2 mm dermastamp and it looks it good be tethered. If you get no results with stamping after eight months, add the suctioning:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/subcision-suction-method-for-acne-scars

cris

• Forum member
Re: Suggestion for cheek scars please
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 05:16:35 PM »
You seem to have similar looking skin and acne scars that I have.  I also use RAM and have been following what Sarah has recommended.  I also use the 0.5mm dermaroller twice a week for my hyperpigmentation and unevenness.  I would really consider the suctioning method; I’ve seen some improvement since incorporating it into my routine.  Good luck!