Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: 6 month update, great improvement with suctioning method for acne scars  (Read 82798 times)

mila

• Forum member
Hello all, just wanted to post an update. I have been stamping with the 1.5 mm and 2mm single needle for 6 months. I have been also combing that with the Suctioning method for the past 3 months. My expectations have been realistic and I am glad to report at least 25% improvement. I know its not much but it is something! I noticed my scars are not as sharp amd jagged at the edges and they are smoother. Not completely filled in but little by little appears to be. I have been taking the vitamin c orally for the past 4 months and use Retin A 0.025 every night. My friends and family say they see improvement! Even my dermatologist is curious with the turnout. All the best to those doing the derma needling and hang in there!

Mila
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:34:54 PM by SarahVaughter »

mila

• Forum member
Re: 6 month update..
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 10:55:20 PM »
Some more  pics (other side)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:35:19 PM by SarahVaughter »

cj123

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 01:32:45 AM »
Wow Mila. That is way more than a 25% improvement. It looks more like 70% to me. Those are fantastic results.  Keep it up and they'll soon be hardly noticeable at all. 

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 03:07:30 AM »
Absolutely fantastic, Mila!!

We know it is not easy to regularly keep taking photographs (especially not because they all have to be sharp, high-resolution, well-lighted and from the same angle) and then to publish them online for everyone to see, so I am extremely grateful that you came forward to show your progress.

Therefore, because this kind of long-term, high-quality feedback is so important to us (and to give credibility to the entire concept of dermaneedling), please email me (sarah@owndoc.com) because we think a reward is in order. We will send you some products of your choice.

Would you mind if we watermarked your pictures so that unethical competitors of ours can't put them all over the internet and claim that it's from their clinic/products?

It would be very interesting to get all the information on your exact "protocol" as well, so that we can learn from it and perhaps update our instructions (we're working on providing expanded guidelines and suggested schedules for product application/combination).

Thank you again for this great news.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: 6 month update, great improvement with suctioning method for acne scars
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 01:06:02 PM »
Mila emailed me her protocol, reproduced below.
She used our single needles (previous, sold-out model) but we will get improved single needles soon, we think well before Christmas 2012.

I would be glad to share my protocol.

Really, from the beginning I followed the instructions totally. I am 21 years old. I have the rolling and boxcar scars on my cheeks.

I also have an old surgical scar on my forehead from when I was 3 years old from an injury.

My tactic is I single needle all the bigger scars (this takes some time since there are a lot) and then after that I stamp that same area 5 or 6 times.

For the first 3 months I used the 1.5mm stamp, afterward but moved on to the 2mm stamp. I just use ice for numbing, but have high tolerance for pain, apparently. I noticed my skin is very tough so I push the needles in all the way and always needle very densely and from all angles. The very next day I use the suction pump on all the spots I stamped and do that everyday for 1 week, then every other day the next week.

I suction to the point where the skin elevates and gets bruising but this always subsides. I also go back to using the retin a every night the very next night after stamping. I've also been taking the vitamin c orally for the past few months as I mentioned. I stamp every 5 weeks. No problems so far. Thats it! I'm not expecting perfection, but am curious to see my progress another 6 months later.

I brought a pump off ebay, but it appears to have lost some 'umph.' I was planning on purchasing the one you sell, so that would be great! Thanks goes to kind hearted ones like yourself who offer practical and frank supplies, and information. It's said often but really you are the best supplier out there!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:07:56 PM by SarahVaughter »

mody

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 04:49:19 PM »
great results, i'm happy for you  :)

katmoher

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 09:20:07 PM »
Mila -  I have the same type of acne scarring and just purchased the derma needling products - 1.5mm roller and stamp - I can only hope to get your results - good job and you should be proud!

Dewydewey

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 05:23:10 PM »
 :) Yes, Mila your skin looks great!  My areas of concern look just like yours and also on my cheeks.  I am motivated by reading  about your routine and seeing the results.  Thank you for sharing and taking photographs.

Dewydewey

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 02:01:29 PM »
Mila, can you provide your specific suction routine? I'm not sure if I should suction several times throughout the day or just do one long treatment of numerous passes all at one time.....

mila

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 12:06:24 AM »
Hello everyone, and thanks for your best wishes!

To answer your question Dewey I suction the day after I stamp, everyday the first week then every other day the second week. (According to the study, maximum results are achieved this way! See the article Sarah posted on the Suction and Subscision method)

I do this after I've had my shower before I go to bed only... So just that one time, not several times during the day.

I splash some warm water on the parts I am about to suction, ( I find it easier on the skin to do this) I use the suction pump and hold it for about 6 seconds over the spots I needled and literally drag that cup over the entire needled area,  pumping along to maintain the pressure. I even pass it a  few more times just to be thorough.  I know I have done as the study if my skin is slightly elevated as a result of the suctioning. Afterwards, I apply the tretenoin gel. Just a heads up though- This causes bruising that is very noticable, (but it always goes away) That's just what I've been doing!

All the best!
Mila

Dewydewey

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 05:03:21 PM »
Thank you SO Much! And Thanks to the Vaughters for your constant efforts of keeping us informed and your fair prices.  I cannot thank you enough for helping me feel better about my skin....

Maria

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 11:30:15 PM »
So happy to hear you are having great results. Your skin looks much better. I have small ice pick scars in my right cheek mostly and have been struggling for acne for years. I went to school to be an aesthetician as well. I have only rolled one time so far and it's creeping up on the one month mark so I ordered a 2mm derma stamp and suction cup. I'm wondering where you purchased your single needles from because I would like to get on this right away as well. I would definitely order them from here but don't want to wait till they are available. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 03:57:42 AM »
She got them from us I think, when we still sold our previous model. We have done a lot of research and there exist no single needle that can safely be used. We used to have a big forum posting about why, called "the single needle design sage". No tattoo needle, no acupuncture needle, no hypodermic needle, they're all unsuitable. That's why we're still working hard to get them for sale this year..

Mila uses both dermastamp and single needle and the dermastamp is also an excellent choice, esp. when you have large areas.

Also, to begin with for the first months, the dermastamp is a good choice, on areas as large or larger than the diameter of the dermastamp (or even a little smaller, since you should needle a bit around the perimeter of scars as well).

The only halfway acceptable needle (that will still cause heavy bruising and subcutaneous bleeding due to the lack of a stop) is a cactus needle. It has usually the required very long taper and small diameter.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 04:02:11 AM by SarahVaughter »

mila

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 01:53:35 PM »
Yes, I purchased the single needles from Sarah way back when

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 05:10:10 PM »
We have a first batch of 180 x 5 needles available for sale in our store now.

NOTE: Some needles (the occasional needle) are slightly longer than 2 mm. We're working on getting the needles all 1.8 mm +/- 10%.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 05:35:23 PM by SarahVaughter »