Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Needle length recommendation for chest and hips  (Read 6041 times)

bar12

Needle length recommendation for chest and hips
« on: November 19, 2012, 11:23:08 PM »
Hi Sarah, I am a male with extensive stretch marks on my stomach, hips, and the sides of my chest. From reading the posts so far I understand that I would use a 1.5 roller on my stomach, but am not quite sure what needle size to use for my chest and hips. Also if I were to use a derma stamp in conjunction with the roller, which needle lengths would I use on these parts of the body?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:48:14 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Needle length recommendation for chest and hips
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 01:50:11 PM »
You can use the same size for all your areas. Buy a regular 1.5 mm dermaroller and a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles and our 0.1% Tretinoin cream and follow this routine:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Stretch-Marks-individual-needling

Moderate vit. C supplementation is not required when on a healthy diet, but it doesn't hurt.

bar12

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 12:27:40 PM »
Thanks for that. Also I read the dermarolling guide and a I had a few follow up questions:

1) Do I both wash my skin and apply the alcohol before and after rolling and stamping (except i can use soap in the before part)?
2) So I don't need to use A-ret or infadolan?

Thanks for the help.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 04:16:56 AM »
Wash your stretch marks with water and soap and disinfect it with alcohol prior to microneedling.  Post-microneedling, have a shower without using soap or anything else. Let it dry and apply the creams.

Yes, you do use the A-Ret cream (= Tretinoin cream). A-Ret is just a name of a cream containing the substance called Tretinoin (also called Retinoic Acid), which is acidic form of vitamin A. Use as explained in the link I gave you.

Tretinoin is useful for stretch marks but it does not protect or moisturize the skin after dermarolling/stamping. For that, we provide an ointment called Infadolan. You should apply Tretinoin to your stretch marks and on top of that, apply a little Infadolan.