Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Face masks and scrubs  (Read 5360 times)

Jesse

• Forum member
Face masks and scrubs
« on: November 26, 2012, 12:43:25 PM »
Hi.

How soon after you dermaroll can you use a face mask? Do you have to wait one day? Two days?

This is my current regimen:

Day 1: dermaroll (0,5mm)
Day 2: rest
Day 3: face mask
Day 4: rest
Day 5: face scrub
Day 6: rest
Day 7: face mask
Day 8: rest
Day 9: face scrub
Day 10: rest
Day 1: dermaroll
Day 2: rest

Is it too much? Would the skin become exhausted? Do you think it'd need more rest?

I only use edible products. Face scrub: salt + honey. Face mask: (organic) avocado; egg yolk; cucumber; pineapple; pomegranate; kiwi. Etc. (One ingredient/mask at a time. Rotating.)

After I dermaroll I put on organic and cold pressed shea butter; or rosehip seed oil. Daily moisturiser: jojoba oil or shea butter.

Although I've only used the dermaroller six time, I can still see improvement.  ;D
But how to know whether the skin needs more rest?

Thank you for any help and suggestions.

Jesse

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Face masks and scrubs
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 12:27:43 PM »
You only dermaroll twice every 12 days and you only exfoliate twice every ten days. That is a very reasonable and conservative approach. I do not think your skin needs more rest.

Exfoliation should not be done overly frequently otherwise the skin does not have time to rebuilt its natural oily film but your exfoliation schedule is very OK.