Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Crows feet, wrinkle, scar and frown lines much better (47 yo man)  (Read 32550 times)

execellentduam

• Forum member
Hi Sarah,

i have been using the 0.5mm derma roller and the 0.5mm derma stamp twice a week, and applying the relevant and applicable products bought off your website by the way, for the last three months, for the best product penetration. Every ten-fourteen days i also use the 1.0mm derma roller and the 1.0mm derma stamp along with the products, and every three weeks, i would use the 1.5mm derma roller and the 1.5mm derma stamp along with the products, is this a good enough regime to use?

The results in this time period so far have been quite encouraging, i am currently a forty seven year old man, that before he started this process, had quite deepening forehead frown lines and also quite noticeable deepening crows feet along with a few other imperfections such as a small surgical white scar about an inch in length, starting from my eyebrow up toward my forehead, although i wouldnt say it was very deep and also  quite a long wrinkle which has just popped up on my facial cheek area in the last year or so, starting from just under the eye bone area, to a bit of the way down my cheek,and also some sun damage or pimentation spots, and also the skin had been a bit loose at both sides of the face around the jaw area.

Well after this three month period i can safely say that my forehead frown lines havent been totally eradicated, but have certainly been reduced or lessened although still visibly noticeable, will there be more improvement to come in this area through the rest of the  cycle?

The crows feet area have more or less been totally eradicated, only  white lines at the side of both eyes exist, the bits of sun damage or pigmentation spots dont seen to be there anymore, or if they are very faint and unnoticeable to me, and the loosish skin on the face at the sides around the jaw areas have tightened up, that would really only leave the longish wrinkle, which is now fainter and you have to look for it or point it out to notice it now, and the surgical white scar above my right eye which i havent done any work with as yet, because i have been mainly concentrating on all the other areas i have already stated.

So just a couple of quick questions before i finish up. Firstly, i have already stated previously that i use the 1.5mm derma roller and derma stamp ,well i have had four sessions already with each, the dermaroller is ok as yet, but the stamp is on its last legs, with maybe a couple more sessions left in it i also have at home a 2.0mm derma stamp would it be ok to progress to using this for the deepening lines on the forehead ?And also for the long wrinkle on my cheek ?
As i have already had sessions with both the 1.0mm stamp and most recently a couple of sessions with the 1.5 mm stamp, and although it has made it a bit fainter with the 1.0mm derma stamp, the 1.5mm derma stamp hasnt moved matters along at all,so i take it if the 2.0mm derma stamp doesnt do it after a couple of sessions i will just have to wait and purchase the single needle you sell when it arrives?

And lastly i take it its ok just to go ahead and use the 2.0mm derma stamp on the white surgical scar above my eye? And for some reason if that fails just single needle it as well?

Many thanks once again for your time and patience in advance for answering all these questions and queries.

I would just like to add for any newbees comming onto this site for the first time, not to be skeptical about purchasing any off the products on this site to assit them in their quest for facial or bodily improvement, this in conjunction with the incredible knowledge and advice that Sarah provides is a total winner,and after the initial three month period to date, i can certainly vouch for this. Many Thanks as always.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:25:50 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: useage of the 2.0mm derma roller and derma stamp
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 03:29:37 PM »
First of all thank you very much for taking time and typing a long story about your successful experience with microneedling. I was extremely happy to read about your many improvements!

Personally, I have not managed to completely erase my wrinkles with microneedling but they became significantly less indented and that makes them considerably less visible. I have observed the same with my friends who use microneedling. Their wrinkles are still there but much less indented and you have to look really close to see them. You have not used the microneedling for such a long time so it is quite probable there will be further improvement.

I see you are very dedicated to microneedling because your routine is quite time consuming. Your routine works and that is what is important. It is OK to roll /stamp with shorter needles in between the sessions with long needles.

Yes, you can replace your 1.5 mm dermastamp with your 2 mm dermastamp, especially on the areas you have described (the forehead, cheeks). However, do not use this size around the eyes or at least do not push the needles fully in. the skin around the eyes is thinner than elsewhere.

I don't think you need the single needles.

You can use your 2 mm stamp on the scar but please read my answer (#2) how to roll or needle around the eyes:
https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/can-i-use-a-dermaroller-on-this-area-under-the-eye-(pic-included)/

There are pictures included. Do not use the 2 mm dermastamp inside the area that is circled red. There is a risk of eyeball injury, especially with such long needles. You can only needle where the  bone is and not any closer to the eye. Pull the skin away from the eye when you needle/roll/stamp it:

Again, thank you for your feedback!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:55:48 PM by SarahVaughter »

execellentduam

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 02:34:11 PM »
Hi Sarah,Thanks very much for paragraphing and then answering my wall of text a few days ago,just one other question and something that i forgot to mention in my last e-mail,i have what i would class as shaving scars or shaving nicks,its just when you shave and nick urself a few times,a couple around the chin and four or five around the side of the face at the jaw area,they are certainly not raised scars,they are more like blotches on your skin that sit out from your natural facial condition,they were actually createted    fourteen or fifteen years ago with a disposable razor,and they have been with me ever since,i have tried to remove them totally before with a 1.0mm derma stamp which lessened the appearance of them a little,and then a 1.5mm derma stamp a couple of times,but they didnt seem to lessen or totally eradicate them at all.Would a 2.0mm derma stamp totally eradicate them?Or should i go down the route of getting the single needle?Or will it not eradicate them either?Many thanks as always Sarah

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 03:06:23 PM »
Try the 2 mm dermastamp or use the 1 mm dermastamp every ten days on them.
It can take a year for certain scars to improve.

SusanD

• Forum member
Re: Crows feet, wrinkle, scar and frown lines much better (47 yo man)
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 11:15:08 PM »
Sounds like excellent progress :).  About the cheek wrinkle, I find (also 47) that facial exercises are an essential part of my regime, because some wrinkles are caused more by sagging than expressions.  Perhaps some upper cheek lifting exercises would help?