Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Bromelain (meat tenderizer) and Glycerin Scrub?  (Read 5817 times)

juliad

• Forum member
Bromelain (meat tenderizer) and Glycerin Scrub?
« on: January 08, 2013, 11:59:03 AM »
New here. Rolling w/ highest concentration tretinoin cream for a month; tone and color much better, but sagging and deep wrinkling as yet unaffected (did read Sarah's instructions, which addressed this issue satisfactorily; I'm simply impatient, I guess).

On a wild hair, and w/ some biochemistry background, I mixed up a scrub of meat tenderizer and OTC glycerin, which I use while in the tub. Using a brush to scrub this off was irritating, even though my skin is pretty resilient by now. Alone, though, this seemed to yield a nice, refined result.

Can anyone tell me if this practice might have a future bad result?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Bromelain (meat tenderizer) and Glycerin Scrub?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 03:45:21 PM »
Since enzymatic meat tenderizers break down the peptide bonds between the amino acids in collagen, I do not think it is a good idea to use them. If you wanted to exfoliate, use fine table salt or ground coffee.

juliad

• Forum member
Re: Bromelain (meat tenderizer) and Glycerin Scrub?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 11:49:04 AM »
Sarah:

--ooooooohhhHHHHHH. Break down peptide bonds. Not good. Not good at all. Will stop with the meat tenderizer yesterday. Thank you for the info.