Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Small raised scar on upper lip; Origin of Horizontal Grooves on Chin?  (Read 5306 times)

juliad

• Forum member
Hi--

Good information here.  I have a small raised vertical scar (car accident) on my upper lip; it's about 25 years old. Is it too old to dermaroll?

Also, I'd like to know the origin of two deep wrinkles on my chin, each beginning 1 inch below and to the sides of my mouth. They began to emerge about six years ago, and have grown longer and deeper since. A few people have remarked that they look like scars, and one did get its start as  such. i wish I could send a picture, but cannot do so now--no phone. I am extremely sensitive about these, as well as a deep downward groove at the right side of my mouth, which I needle once a week with a 1.5, with tretinoin.

If the downturned wrinkle does not respond within a year, I guess I'll have to save for filler. Ditto the horizontal things, which I have seen on a few other people since I first became aware of them. If they can be paralyzed w/o hampering more normal mouth movements, I'll save for Botox as well (why won't the price go down some??? It's been around forever, and is so common, one would think that the price would drop below 200 dollars an area.....)

If you could hit a few  anatomy/physiology texts, or cosmetic surgeons, to discover what is going on w/ the chin wrinkles, I'd be very much in your debt.

Thank you for this forum.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Small raised scar on upper lip; Origin of Horizontal Grooves on Chin?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 04:49:58 AM »
"If you could hit a few  anatomy/physiology texts, or cosmetic surgeons, to discover what is going on w/ the chin wrinkles, I'd be very much in your debt."

You are asking me to do research for you in the scientific literature or contact surgeons so I can advise you on a skin problem on your chin for which you don't even submit a photo?

I am not here to do research-on-demand! This forum is to give support for our products only, not to do homework for you what the origin is of wrinkles on your skin for which you don't even provide a photo. You don't even put in the effort to borrow someone's phone but I have to research the medical literature for you, and if I don't manage, "hit" a couple of plastic surgeons??

Despite your polite phrasing, this is disrespectful.

Note: I just banned this forum member from further posting.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 08:28:09 AM by SarahVaughter »