Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Softening the skin for better needle penetration  (Read 5379 times)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Softening the skin for better needle penetration
« on: March 14, 2010, 07:10:59 AM »
> hi,i am just writing to ask for some advice,i purchased some

> dermarolling items from you a few weeks ago,really happy with everything

> i got and was absolutely desperate to try it and also got some emla

> cream to,was just wondering if you could help me with a few thing-i

> did the roller last nite for 1st time and all so far seems well-got my

> friend to roll for me while i tightned my skin and lay under the

> light,i have the 1.5mm and although i did go red afterwords and feel

> tingley-i wasnt sure wwhether the needles are just touching my skin or

> fully penetrating it as there was no blood spots at all and i dont

> think the needles are long enough to penetrate there full length-what

> do you think does this sound ok?

Some people get pinpoint bleeding on their face from rolling with a 0.5 mm roller and some do not bleed even with 1.5 mm needles. It depends where on the body you roll and how thick and tough your skin is. If you were red afterwards it means the micro-damage and subsequent inflammation happened as it should.  

A 1.5 mm roller penetrates about 1.3 mm into the skin and that certainly reaches the dermis of the face.

Next time you can try to soften your facial skin with steam. Boil some water in a wide pot, take it off the stove and put your face above the pot for about 10 minutes to get the steam in your face. You can use a towel like this:

It should not be scaldingly hot, just hot and it will soften the skin and make it easier for the needles to penetrate. If you roll on your body, have a hot bath before that. The skin is in fact a very tough organ because the outer layer, the Stratum Corneum is our protection barrier against the outside world. This outer skin layer contains dead cells containing Keratin, the same material that hair and nails are made of and is therefore very hard to penetrate, especially by dozens of needles simultaneously. This is also how someone can lie on a bed of nails because the pressure is divided over many nails.

> i numbed my right cheek alover firstly,wiped that off with alcohol

> then single pricked with the smallest single needlle in the kit! i

> have done a fairly ok job i think-but i was just wondering-the needle

> didnt actually go the full way in-it was really quite tough and i did

> prick in but id say only about half way in i got with that needle-i

> got ALOT of bloodspots

The skin consists of 3 layers: The epidermis, dermis and the subcutaneous layer.

The epidermis has no blood vessels at all and the dermis has a sparse capillary blood vessel network. If you got some pinpoint bleeding, you know that you reached the deep dermis. The dermis is your target when treating scars. Not every prick should lead to a bleeding spot because the capillaries are irregularly and sparsely distributed in the dermis. The depth of your single needling was correct.

>please get back to me and thanks for great quality products and service!

Attached files