Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Amazed at Infadolan  (Read 12662 times)

Swan

• Forum member
Amazed at Infadolan
« on: January 31, 2013, 01:09:53 AM »
Hi Sarah

I have had a great experience using your Infadolan

My skin is glowing! After just 2 applications. I thought I was seeing things, but noticed a definite glow. Then a few days ago, my mother mentioned that my skin was looking good. I had not told anyone I was using a new skin cream.

PLUS another great benefit is that even though I have acne-prone skin, I have not had one new breakout, or any adverse effect from using the cream

I do have one question however

I was on Accutane many years ago, and did not have a good experience with it.

Now as vitamin A accumulates within the body (similar to vit D) I am a little concerned about Vit A accumulating in my body, especially after my former Accutane use.

Do you know if Infadolan is safe for me to use everyday, if Vitamin A does accumulate within the body, and not dissipate once its within the body itself.?

I am so loving the infadolan, that I would like to continue using it everyday, but not at the risk of overdosing on Vit A. Would you recommend using it less (such as twice a week as opposed to everyday), if I have had an accumulation of Vitamin A in my body, from when i was on Accutane ???

Of course, I know in a topical Vitamin A form is different to taking Accutane, but still some Vitamin A from the Infadolan would be absorbed into the body and not just into the skin.

Do you know how much vitamin A from Infadolan is absorbed into the blood stream?

Any advice much appreciated!!

Thank you

Swan

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Amazed at Infadolan
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 05:32:00 AM »
Thanks for the compliment on the Infadolan - it's indeed ideal for dermaneedling after-care.

The amount of vit. A that will enter your bloodstream when using Infadolan is so small that it can't even be measured. This question has been answered already on this forum and I did the math:

You would have to eat 26 entire tubes of Infadolan in one "meal" in order to experience vit. A toxicity:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/vitamin-a-cream-toxicity/

Swan

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 07:33:24 AM »
Hi Sarah and thank you.

I have actually been using the Infadolan more as a everyday moisturiser, is that okay? I am not dermarolling at all, just yet.  ( i love the non allergenic ingredients as I have such sensitive skin!!) and so far, no adverse skin reaction whatsoever

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 03:27:40 PM »
Infadolan is primarily intended for dermarolling aftercare. It can be used as a daily moisturizer (using just a little is enough) if your skin has no problem with its heavy consistency. Otherwise, use it only on dry parts, such as around the eyes, on the lips or on top of the hands, on dry, cracked heels etc.

Swan

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 09:20:34 AM »
Thanks so much Sarah! I feel more confident using the Infadolan everyday now, and have done some research on retinyl acetate.

Just curious. What percentage of Vit A would be in each tube of Infadolan? Is it 3 %?

I plan to use it just on my face.

I am still loving the effect of it, and -plan to use it indefinitely!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 10:25:57 AM »
The answer can be found on the sales description for the product (Retinyl acetate: 48 000 IU in 30 g).

thistimeonly

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 12:19:28 PM »
I second OP!

Infadolan is an excellent product for lips, keeps themlooking mosturized adn healthy! Also great for scars after dermarolling when they dry out and flake..

Swan

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 12:09:03 AM »
Hi thistineonly

I have found, even without doing any dermarolling to my face, that my skin is glowing and looks much fresher since using the Infadolan!

Great stuff, inexpensive, and I hope Sarah continues to sell it indefinitely!!

Plus I have highly sensitive skin, can't use regular moisturisers, but Infadolan works soooo well without irritating my skin!!