Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Best way to get rid of stretchmarks / dermaroller lifetime and disposal  (Read 7089 times)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
> I am a 25yr old female with stretch marks from a pregnancy in 2003. I have

> two types of stretch marks : the silvery thin ones (buttocks, back of

> calves, top thighs, and front of abdomen) and the deep indented ones (

> hips and sides of waist). I would like to make a kit purchase and was wondering

> which of the two sizes would you recommend? I would assume the egukar

> 1.5mm and NOT the narrow line 1.5mm ?

I believe the regular 1.5 mm would be best, especially if you have a lot of stretch marks.

When you become proficient in dermarolling, and if you find out that 1.5 mm causes absolutely no occasional pinpoint bleeding, you can even opt for 2 mm long needles with your next purchase but such long needles should be only used on the areas with thick skin.  If your 1.5 mm roller does cause occasional pinpoint bleeding, then stick with that one, no need for longer and more painful needles.

>How long does each kit last?

This   a hard question even to give a general answer to. (It is as difficult as answering the question  of how long a knife will remain sharp, or how long a piece of string is.)

It depends how often you roll, how tough  your skin is and how big the rolled areas are.

You can soften your skin before dermarolling by taking a hot bath or long shower. It will make the skin easier to penetrate for the needles. It should make the rolling easier for you and it will make the needles remain sharp longer.

>When should the dermarollers be replaced and how do I dispose of them?

It should be replaced when the needles do not penetrate the skin as easy they used to. Simply, when it has become blunt. Keep in mind that the skin is a very tough organ (it has to be because it is a protective barrier) and it is in fact very difficult to penetrate the skin even with sharp needles.

Skin toughness and thickness varies - depending where on the body it is.

Try to roll the soles of your feet, you will likely not manage..

A good way to dispose of a dermaroller is to  wrap  tape around the needles and throw it away in the ordinary garbage. A dermaroller contains only plastic and a little bit of steel.

> Also, do you recommend any special creams or products to purchase that can

> help me along my journey to rid my stretch marks?

I wish I could recommend you a miraculous cream that provenly and significantly helps with stretch marks but I do not know of any.

Try to apply creams indicated for striae (stretchmarks) and roll them in up to 3 times a week with a dermaroller intended for skin product penetration enhancement (0.25 or 0.5). No guarantee it will help though.

You should supply your skin with vit. C and A because they are needed for collagen production. Copper peptides may be worth trying but I do not have experience with them neither I received sufficient feedback from our customers to guarantee you they will help.

The only available research  on Copper peptides has been done by the same people that patented them and are selling them. We wrote a little about that research, but it is certainly not sure that they will make a big difference. We gave them the benefit of the doubt, based on the little data available.

Also unfortunately there is currently no way to completely get rid of stretch marks (unless they are very shallow and that is usually not the case).  However you can greatly improve their texture, color and even their depth and thus make them much less visible. It is a long journey and a lot of patience is needed.

The best improvement of stretch marks so far achieved by our customers was to manually needle them with the single needle that is a part of our dermaroller kit. It is laborious and you have to do it several times before you will see results but it is worth trying. A single needle will crush the hardened collagen bundles and that will soften the striae and improve their taint and texture. It will trigger new collage production and that can make the scar slightly less indented after repeated needling. You might be lucky and achieve melanocyte production - which means your stretchmarks will start to tan or partially tan.