Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Longer needles 1.0 for daily use on scalp with Minoxidil  (Read 14999 times)

Bubble

• Forum member
Longer needles 1.0 for daily use on scalp with Minoxidil
« on: February 21, 2013, 11:06:21 AM »
Hello apologies if this has been answered . I would like to use a 1.0 derma roller to promote hair growth and prevent further hair loss on my front hair line. Will I damage myself using it with Minoxidil every day  ? It says that you can use 0.5 to 1.0 for the scalp in your advice. I understand you recommend using 0.2mm every day for minoxidil and 0.5   three 0r four times a week . Could I A) potentially get a better benefit from a 1.0 roller 3/4 times a week , my skin is quite thick I think ? And would working up to a 1.0 just be too damaging every day with Minoxidil ? Would you have any plans for a 0.75 derma roller to be sold ?

Thank you so much for all your work you have giving me clear beautiful skin using your 1.5 vit c , Infadolan and copper peptide serum. I would also like to use Tretinoin but I like gels rather than creams I believe it does metion Tretinoin Gel on your site but I`ve yet to find it ?

Thank you in advance

« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:22:06 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Longer needles 1.0 for daily use on scalp with Minoxidil
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 03:10:08 PM »
I am delighted that dermarolling worked for your face!

We used to sell Tretinoin gel but now we sell Tretinoin cream (0.025%, 0.05% and 0.1%). I am sorry.

Concerning your questions, please read:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/dermarolling-for-thinning-hair/

I do not recommend rolling daily with a 1 mm size dermaroller and Minoxidil. You do not have to roll so deeply for Minoxidil penetration enhancement. You should use a 0.5 mm regular dermaroller every other day and a 1 mm roller once a week.

Minoxidil can have quite serious systemic side effects when overdosed and rolling daily with a 1 mm size could result with too much Minoxidil reaching the blood stream.

I used to advice against using > 0.5 mm needles on the scalp because I was concerned/overprotective about the theoretical possibility of the needles damaging the vellus hair follicles but I have extended the size to > 1 mm because in practice it is unlikely that the needles would damage the follicles and a 1 mm dermaroller cannot reach the vellus hair anyway as it penetrates only about 0.7 mm into the skin.

Terminal hair follicles reside about 3 mm deep in the scalp which is too deep for any dermarolling needles to reach. Nevertheless, my concern was the vellus hair follicles that are only about 1 mm deep in the scalp skin and the hair follicles that are in a transitional phase between terminal and vellus forms. Unfortunately, in the process of balding, terminal hair follicles and intermediate hair follicles change and they start growing vellus hairs rather than terminal hair.

Yes, we will consider selling a 0.75 mm size dermaroller. (Meaning, it will be in our store somewhere in the first half of this year).