Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: acne scars got worse after 3rd rolling  (Read 5671 times)

ninapia

• Forum member
acne scars got worse after 3rd rolling
« on: February 25, 2013, 06:11:46 PM »
Hi,

I have an issue that's been bothering me for the past week and I can't find answer anywhere. Here is the problem... I've rolled my acne scars 2 times already (with a 6 week break) with 1.5mm needles and everything went perfect, my skin got better, some scars more shallow or even invisible...
But now I tried 2.0mm and things got completely opposite. It looks like all old scars reappea rd, they look deep and more noticeable. All in all, it looks worse than at the beginning old the treatment. I can't find an explanation for this. Are 2.0 needles too long for me? Is it possible that I did some damage to my skin or is it just a bad reaction and will heal again to the point it has been before?

Thanks a lot

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: acne scars got worse after 3rd rolling
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 04:29:27 PM »
To be honest, I do not have an explanation either because this should not happen. Indeed the 2 mm needles appear to be too long for you.

For scars in your case, I recommend a 1.5 mm dermastamp in combination with your 1.5 mm dermaroller. Give your skin time to recover now. It will likely still go back to the previous state if you give it time.