Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Is Proactive safe to use after dermarolling  (Read 6987 times)

rhondahz

Is Proactive safe to use after dermarolling
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:27:36 PM »
I purchased the 1.0mm dermaroller kit.  I currently wash my face twice a day with the 3 step Proactive kit and have for several years.  I also use Oil of Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream on my face before bed.  My question is how many days after dermarolling can I precede with using the Proactive and Oil of Olay once again?

Thanks

Rhonda

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Is Proactive safe to use after dermarolling
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 04:22:34 PM »
First of all - thank you for buying our kit :-)

3-step Proactive cleanser and lotion contains Benzoyl peroxide which is good against acne but should not be applied on rolled skin. You should wait at least two days.

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream contains (listed in the order of how much is in there):

Water, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Isopropyl Isostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 (Amino-Peptide), Carnosine (Amino-Peptide), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Vera), Soluble Collagen, Elastin, Allantoin, Stearyl Alcohol, Polyethylene, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyacrylamide, Dimethiconol, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, C12-13 Pareth-3, Laureth-7, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Hydroxide, Ammonium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Benzoate, Mica, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance.

Some of the ingredients are anti-inflammatory. A mild controlled inflammation is desirable after dermarolling because it triggers collagen production.

Please read my forum posting on what exactly is inflammation and why it happens

The quantity of those anti-inflammatory ingredients it in the cream is likely so low that it is not going to suppress inflammation.