Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Raised scar treatment progress and some questions  (Read 8187 times)

vision

• Forum member
Raised scar treatment progress and some questions
« on: April 07, 2013, 05:37:32 AM »
So I have been using the ‘What to do about hypertrophic scars’ method for nearly 6 months now on two of my 10 year old raised scars with mixed results. I have been micro needling 2-3 times a week with either a 1.5mm dermastamp or your single needle, also in conjunction with wart remover about every week. This is followed up with pressure massage and Infadolan almost daily

The first scar is on my arm and is circular in shape and about 1cm in diameter and has been raised ever since I injured it. This scar has been the most successful so far in the treatment and I would say it has flattened out about half of its original height. However the scar has become very red since starting the treatment and hasn’t reverted back to the white scar colour. I was wondering should I reduce the frequency of needling as this scar flattens out, like needling every week or so instead. Would the use of Retinoic acid help with the redness?     

The second scar is on the side of my neck and is about 1cm long and 0.5cm wide and again has been raised ever since I injured it. This scar hasn’t really responded to treatment very much and is still raised but is not as red as the other scar. Also this is quiet an awakened place to work on properly and so this may have affected the progress. Should I be more aggressive with the recommended treatment or is there something else I need to do?

Kindest regards

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Raised scar treatment progress and some questions
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 04:51:11 PM »
You should give the red scar some time off. Flattening a raised scar will make it red but if you stop the treatment, the redness will eventually diminish.

When you re-start the treatment, the redness will unfortunately come back.
Or reduce the frequency of stamping but I do not think that will be enough for the redness to go away.  Try it.

Tretinoin will not help this kind of redness.

To further flatten the scar, you can try applying the wart remover every day or every second day (without needling). Apply just a little.  Be really careful on the delicate skin of the neck so that you only apply it to the scar and not to the scar-less skin because the wart remover is quite strong acid peel. The arm skin is not so delicate.

vision

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 04:13:51 PM »
Hi Sarah

Okay I will have to live with the redness then while I am doing the treatment

When applying the wart remover do I peel it off after it has dried and then apply Infadolan or just leave it to flake of over night?

Thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 04:43:09 PM »
If you do not mind, then leave it overnight.