Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Can I use your single needle to perform subcision?  (Read 5802 times)

Renin

• Forum member
Can I use your single needle to perform subcision?
« on: April 15, 2013, 05:55:30 AM »
Hi Sarah,

Just wondering whether it's safe to move the single needle sideways underneath the skin like what the doctor do when they perform subcision with nokor needles? I'm just a little worried that the needle's gonna break since it does not have that "harpoon tip" to cut fibrous strands underneath the skin.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:01:55 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Subcision with single needle
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 11:14:31 AM »
No, our single needles are not suitable for classical subcision but needling will also loosen the fibrotic tethering (if there is one in place).

You can needle the scar from different angles but you cannot use our needle horizontally under the scar and move it left and right to cut the fibers (which is subcision). Our needle is too short for this technique and it has no "knive".  I do not recommend doing real subcision at home. It is quite risky, as it can leave scars.

Renin

• Forum member
Re: Subcision with single needle
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 03:37:24 PM »
ah gotcha, thx Sarah :)