Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Question about stamping uncovering hidden scars  (Read 7137 times)

truvision

• Forum member
Question about stamping uncovering hidden scars
« on: May 13, 2013, 12:22:13 AM »
Hi Sarah, I have read in another thread you have posted on here that sometimes needling or rolling can uncover scars that were hidden. Im hoping thats what is going on with me. I have stamped about 2 times with 1.5 mm and twice with the same tool but not pressing too hard so as to make it about a 0.5/1.0 mm two weeks in between. I also use retinol, infaladon, vitamin C and castor oil on my skin.Overall  I think my skin looks better, but this last week when I got a little closer to the mirror there are some new depressions that I am pretty certain I have not seen before.

I cant imagine  how stamping could have caused these particular depressions just out of the blue. I dont think scars can form that quickly and If it were my technique I would think I would be seeing these depressions all over my face which I dont. Like I said I also think my  skins looking better so I was wondering if you could perhaps give me a simple explanation as to how stamping or rolling could uncover hidden scarring underneath maybe I can put my mind at rest. Or, if you have any thoughts on what I should do Id love to hear that as well. Thanks so much!

truvision

• Forum member
Re: Question about stamping uncovering hidden scars
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 08:09:49 PM »
Also, I just realized after reading more about it on here that what I have been using which was A&D ointment is not the same as Infadolan. I will order some of yours asap, however do you think this could have caused me any problems? Here was the exact formula of the one that I was  using...

Active Ingredients: Contains: Petrolatum (53.4% - Skin Protectant), Lanolin (15.5% - Skin Protectant)

Inactive Ingredients: Cod Liver Oil (contains Vitamin A & Vitamin D), Fragrance (Parfum), Light Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera)

truvision

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 10:51:55 AM »
Sorry I know this looks goofy but I dont know how to edit posts on here. Because I know posting questions to answers that can already be found is against forum rules I thought I might add that I realized that my formula most likely had the strong anti-inflammatory in it ( cod liver oil) hence at least somewhat negating the full effect of collagen regrowth. I just dont know if that would have really hurt anything or just not really helped... okay I think added everything now!(;

truvision

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 04:31:48 PM »
Okay sorry I found the explanation for how hidden scars can be uncovered, I guess my only question now would be if you think the cod liver oil could have caused any complications.I will make sure to better use the search engine next time and cluttering up the forum.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 05:14:51 PM »
In some rare cases, there can be a thin layer of skin grown over a previous scar. The thin layer "camouflages" the scar but the scar is there underneath. Stamping or rolling can "uncover" the underlying damage.

No, I do not think your A+D cream has anything to do with it.

truvision

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 11:55:46 AM »
Thanks Sarah,would you also recomend temporarily  ceasing any fish oil supplementation  for some time before and after needling for inflammation reasons?