Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Frequent use of Vitamin E for dermarolling/needling after care  (Read 16076 times)

monuafki

• Forum member
HI

Im 15 years old with many scars from my early puberty severe acne and still have some acne until but I wanted to get rid of scarring so bad.. :'( so I come up with derma needling(currently using 1mm derma stamp) for the accessible treatment for my scars and less likely to have negative stories from experienced

My skin is very prone of flaking(i suppose is very dry or due of to much exfoliating) and whiteheads(rarely have cyst but did have pimples)
I think for now I have dark skin tone.. used to have a light color

Anyways with regards of the subject..

Its been almost a month now since I stared my 1st treatment and so far I only had 2 sessions(1st-2nd treatment is 3 weeks apart), also this will be my first time I will use some products for my acne scar healing.. So far I only have vitamin E cream with me(also a moisturizer, 30K IU, i dont know what it refers to so I would love to hear about it) to prevent my frequent skin flaking after stamping use of 1mm derma stamp. I still do not know whether it is normal to have flaky skin after stamping or rolling. Still have some red patches after my 1st treatment until now(currently almost a month ago)I like to know if its normal or not. Along with my vitamin E is my first use of sunscreen, literally my first use.. it is 30 SPF/FPS containing more vitamin e and aloe.

Still hoping for better improvement.. so far I see a little improvement over my few light scars(I know its still early).

monuafki

• Forum member
Re: Frequent use of Vitamin E for dermarolling/needling after care
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
Sorry I forgot..

regarding the after care.. I still haven't use the vitamin e over the stamped areas and its been 2 days now since my last treatment.. Is it alright to apply the cream ASAP? or only after stamping.. Also do I have to apply it daily? or only once every treatment?

Thank you.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 05:18:22 PM »
A 1 mm dermastamp is a good choice in your case.

30k IU means 30 000 International Units.

It is normal to have flaky skin after rolling or stamping. You should keep the stamped areas moisturized with a cream that you know from your experience does not break you out. For example your
vit. E cream if you have good experience with it, concerning breakouts.

It is not normal to have red patches a month later but long term redness sometimes happens in certain individuals prone to hyperpigmentation.

You should apply your cream right after stamping (first wash the area with tap water) and then daily until the skin is back to normal.  If you have dry skin, apply it several times a day.

monuafki

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 10:02:12 AM »
Thank you Sarah

Sarah I m planning to buy a .5mm derma roller to improve my rough skin texture.. is it a wise idea to combine with the 1mm derma stamp for my acne scars?

Concerning about my dry skin, my skin sheds dead cells very often now(after shower my face is covered with white thick stuff, i suppose are the dead skins)is it a good sign that my skin is filling in the stamped areas? Is it alright to exfoliate it once in a while(perhaps once a week)?So far to cover this dead skin I just use my vit. E cream every night and sunscreen, also a moisturizer, every day.

Besides than red patches I mentioned I do experience white patches too after on stamped areas, probably Im very prone to hyper pigmentation.

So far I dont see improvement, Yet. But Im very optimistic about the .5mm dermaroller.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 03:12:21 PM »
A 0.5 mm dermaroller is a good idea if you have uneven skin tone, post acne marks, uneven texture, clogged pores etc. but if you have acne scars, keep also using your 1 mm dermastamp.

Yes, you can exfoliate about twice a week and moisturize your skin as much as you can.

monuafki

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 08:39:06 PM »
thank you for advice sarah. Is it alright to dermaroll/stamp when your skin regenerate itself quickly or possible Psoriasis symptom?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 03:16:16 PM »
I am not sure I understand your question.

Microneedling certainly does not cause Psoriasis but if you suffer from real Psoriasis (a serious skin disorder), you should not use any microneedling tools on affected skin.