Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Did I buy the right supplies? (skin photos attached)  (Read 6372 times)

deputy pork

• Forum member
Did I buy the right supplies? (skin photos attached)
« on: June 06, 2013, 07:00:35 PM »
Hi -  I have ordered my supplies and I am getting ready to start in a week or two.  I ordered 0.5mm roller, 1.5mm stamp, Infoladen (sp), and Vitamin C.  I have attached wonderful pics of my scars (seems like getting worse with age) and will try to post updates as well. 

Sarah - I hope i have ordered the correct supplies.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 11:03:16 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Did I buy the right supplies? (skin photos attached)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 12:47:52 PM »
I rescaled your photos, making it easier to see the scars.

In your case, it is wiser to stamp scars on one cheek (but very thoroughly and densely) during one session. When it heals, stamp the other cheek.

If your scars get better with dermastamping, add a regular 1.5 mm dermaroller to your sessions.

It seems that some of your scars can be tethered. In some months you can add our suction pump and suction the scars after dermastamping.

deputy pork

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 03:22:05 PM »
Thanks Sarah.  So do I stamp say my left cheek and then do the 0.5 roller over all my face and then stamp my right cheek the next week?  Do you think it would be helpful to buy a 1.5mm roller right away?  Just wondering on your real thoughts on what can help my scars?  What does tethering scars mean?  Thanks again so much.  Sorry for all the questions.  Just want to get the best results.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 08:52:27 AM »
You can do it as you suggested.

You can also use your 0.5 mm dermaroller (up to three times a week) in between your stamping sessions but the more is not always the better. If the skin stays red for a long time after dermarolling, roll for example only once a week or even less.

Do not buy the 1.5 mm dermastamp now.

Scars are sometimes tethered to the underlying structures. During the formation of a scar, everything is "glued together" by scar tissue. Later, during the maturation of the scar, the part of scar tissue that connects it to the underlying structures should be reabsorbed and the scar should be "freed" but it does not always happen.

The rolling type of acne scars are typically tethered to the underlying structures and that keeps them indented.

Other type of acne scars are not typically tethered but if the scars are "stubborn" and they won't improve for months on end in spite of various treatments, it is always worth trying different approaches and even include the suction pump.