Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: What to use on acne-prone, scarred face? (photos attached)  (Read 5912 times)

tenjeru2508

• Forum member
What to use on acne-prone, scarred face? (photos attached)
« on: June 06, 2013, 09:12:16 PM »
Hi Sarah,
   Pls.advise me on which rollers/stamps &products i should use for my acne prone,scarred face. I am ready to brave the needles :) I attached my pics. Also, i cleansed my face with kojic acid soap at night and use hydroquinone 2% product then moisturize with coconut oil or moisturizer mixed with vit.c. Is kojic acid soap ok before rolling and coco oil ok to use as moisturizer afterwards? Thanks u so much in advance and thank you so very much as well for this very informative site:)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:01:12 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: What to use on acne-prone, scarred face? (photos attached)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 11:14:06 AM »
I recommend our 0.05% Tretinoin cream. It helps keeping acne under control and it helps with post acne spots/pigmentation.

Do not buy our Infadolan ointment for dermarolling aftercare because it could break you out but keep the treated skin moisturized with a cream that you know does not break you out. Keep on using your products for example.

I suggest you buy a regular 1.5 mm dermaroller and a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles. When you are experienced with dermaneedling and when your dermaneedling tools get blunt, you can even try a regular 2 mm dermaroller and a 2 mm dermastamp.

You can roll and stamp during the same session. First stamp the scars, then roll them.
Since you have many scars, it is wiser to treat just one cheek (but thoroughly and densely). When it heals, treat the other cheek.

Roll over the scars but avoid the areas that have pores and no scars, such as in your case right next to the nose part of the cheek.

You can also try the "Tretinoin cream method for stubborn scars" that the forum member and our customer Cesamaddict describes in his reply #25 and I reply to him in #26:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/evenly-spread-acne-scars/15/

Your scars do not seem to be tethered so I do not think you need the suction pump but if your scars do not improve in eight months, add the suction pump.

Concerning the scars on your nose, they are not so bad and it is not worth risking:

The problem is, that the skin on the nose reacts very unpredictably compared to the rest of the skin. Nasal skin can heal worse than you started with. There is no fat layer under that skin, there is only cartilage and that might be the reason.

I think your scars will improve if you have patience and perseverance.
Please let us know about your results (or lack of them).

It would be very interesting to see your future results. If you obtain results, please post them here and we will give you some free products of your choice.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 11:17:38 AM by SarahVaughter »

tenjeru2508

• Forum member
Re: What to use on acne-prone, scarred face? (photos attached)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 06:49:36 PM »
Thank you so much,Sarah! I will now order my supplies,can't wait to get started! I will keep you posted on my progress.