Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Throbbing after 1st time copper peptide use. Also: Improvement in lines, texture  (Read 7188 times)

truvision

• Forum member
Hi Sarah, I have searched for this and have came close but havent quite found the exact answer I was looking for.I have read on here that copper peptides can cause some redness and may be  a little too strong for some skin to take after rolling. Last night I rolled with what I would  guesstimate was around a 0.5 mm, I just use my 1.5 dermastamp and dont press all the way. Afterwards, I applied a small amount of copper peptides and then Infadalon a little later. Anyways, all was well but later as the night went on my skin started not just going redder as was kinda expected, but then began really throbbing.

I even went and kept putting ice on it to cool it off cause it felt like there was alot of inflammation. Lets just say it felt like the peptides were REALLY going to work in there and I can attest to there being  some potent ingredients in the mask,lol. It is still a little red and still feels tender just like I got a mild TCA or something or a good sunburn.  I suppose I have too sensitive skin to use it after rolling and should  put the mask on a day or two after I roll like you suggest instead.

My question is, is the intense throbbing and sensitivity I had normal? Do you think my skin will get more used to it at some point so I can then start putting on after I roll? Thanks and btw, Im having great success thus far with your products and your method!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:23:02 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Question about throbbing after first time copper peptide use
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 07:15:27 PM »
Have you used the dermastamp before without using the mask? I am just asking whether your skin reacted differently to dermastamping without the mask. Even if you do not push the needles fully in, it probably penetrates much deeper than a 0.5 mm. It would be wiser to apply just Infadolan right after the treatment and the mask a day or two later. 

>I am having great success thus far with your products and your method!

Would you mind telling me what exactly you are treating and what has improved?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:04:34 AM by SarahVaughter »

truvision

• Forum member
Re: Question about throbbing after first time copper peptide use
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 07:55:56 PM »
I have used the 1.5 dermastamp before without using the mask and reacted well. I was actually thinking that when I tried to do a 0.5 mm it must have penetrated  deeper because their were a couple spots that drew a bit of blood. I know that is a sign it may have even reached the dermis but  by the end of the next day my skin did return back to normal and has been looking really nice so far. There was even a small like cyst or something that had been under my skin for a while that it even got rid of. I will take your advice and apply it a day or so afterward though because as you said I too think it must have went a bit deeper than 0.5.

I have tried needling and dermarolling before with other needles  and with not as clearly laid out methods and had  some pretty bad results.I actually got small little holes all over my face once from a dermarolling session.  I was really scared to try it again but as soon as I started using your needles and method I have to say my skin has made a complete turnaround. I am 37 years old and while my lines are not really deep yet I would say that they have improved about 25 percent. The overall texture and thickness of my skin seems to be improved by even more than that and I have only needled about 3 times with 1.5 mm, and about three times with approx 0.5 while also using the Infadolan and homemade  vitamin C.

I only wish I had found this site before because I went through quite a bit or misinformation and undue skin trauma before finding it.I took some before pics of my skin but had a hard time getting them to turn out right. I just couldnt seem to get the right lighting. I think it has been the right combination of products with your detailed instructions on how to use them that has made all the difference in the world, (and oh yea, your prices cant be beat either)! (:

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Wow! Thank you for your praise and I am very happy you're ssing improvement.

I know what you mean regarding the photos. It is very difficult to take photos and make everything right (angle, lighting, focus, distance etc.) and it is ever harder to create the same conditions for before and after comparison.

Please keep us posted about your experience!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:23:51 PM by SarahVaughter »

truvision

• Forum member
 I def will. I also forgot to mention that at first I was somewhat afraid to go over my  rolling and icepick ( that is now rolling as well) scarring with  the stamp. I was afraid of making them wider again which I know is normal with atrophic scarring as in the past that is what happened with mine. Instead I was going to just do one at a time just so I wouldnt freak out so much and see what happened. Well you know I thought I was just going over my other scars with approx a 0.5 mm stamp while using the 1.5 mm, but apparently I have been pressing harder and doing closer to a 1mm on those too because they also seem shallower and really if they are getting wider its to a point where they are just looking better  and not just wider. I see you just got in a 0.5 mm stamp now so Ill be ordering.

Because I had also gotten what I think was dragmarks in the past  from other rollers with larger needles and where there was a back and forth movement instead of lifting at the end of a pass, I was afraid to use a roller again.I think with the method you have on your site of now lifting the roller at the end instead, combined with quality needles I can be reasonably secure in going back to the roller now. I love the stamp but I think with the right method the roller might be even a bit easier.As things move along I will post a thread of my success very soon  with or without the pics. Thanks again!