Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Benzoyl Peroxide + Vitamin C?? What products would you recommend for me?  (Read 6960 times)

helpmeplz

• Forum member
Hey so basically what I'm wondering is am I allowed to use the vitamin C serum and benzoyl peroxide together or will there be a negative effect when used together? I searched through the forums and you said not to use benzoyl peroxide right after you derma roll, so when would be a good time to apply the BP? an hour later?

And also I'm wondering what products you would recommend for me? I have very large pores and I'm wondering if there are any products that would make them appear smaller, I know you can not change the size of pores, only the appearance, or just in general what products would make the skin tighter / look more healthier?

i'm 17

helpmeplz

• Forum member
also what size needle would you recommend for someone with light acne scarring, just wanting to improve overall texture of skin? I'm currently using the 0.5 mm derma roller

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
When to apply bezoyl peroxide depends on how long needles you use. If you roll with size 1 mm or longer, you should not apply it until a day after. If you roll with shorter needles, wait preferably a few hours.

You can use vit. C and benzoyl peroxide but do not apply them both the same day. If possible, apply them in turns.
I mention large pores in our size guide:

https://http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

Currently there is no method that can make pores smaller. There are some reports from users that mild acid peels in some cases temporarily made the appearance of pores better but there are also claims that overusing acid peels made pores bigger.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:13:03 AM by SarahVaughter »