Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: The Dermajet-video a few questions  (Read 6983 times)

Anders

• Forum member
The Dermajet-video a few questions
« on: July 25, 2013, 03:18:42 PM »
Dear Sarah!

I recently bought a Dermajet-device to treat my bacne-scars. Do you believe that the skin on my back will respond as well as my facial skin? Should I use the needling-device in any different way or add something else when working on my body skin? Also in the youtube-videos of the Dermajet-sessions a person is applying some kind of solution/lotion from a small cup. What kind of solution do they use and would this make the device to "glide" easier over the skin? And the last question, if I have a tan can I still needle the skin? I understand that I cannot expose my skin to the sun afterwards for some time but what about before?

Thank you so much for your service and answering my questions.

Kind regards/Anders

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: The Dermajet-video a few questions
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 09:06:07 PM »
On your back your skin is thicker so you'd need slightly longer needles for the same results. We mention in the text in our YouTube video on the DermaJet that we do not know what that ghee-like solution is (we did not make those videos and the manufacturer who gave us the clip also doesn't know what that clinician used) but we already remarked recently here that you can basically use any cream or ointment, as long as it is compatible with open skin and you clean the needle cartridge of it thoroughly afterwards, if you plan to reuse it.

If a tan would be a contraindication for needling, we'd be warning against it in our instructions, which we do not :-)

Perma-Youth Retinoid

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 07:36:36 AM »
Water was sufficient to make the DermaJet move smoothly over the skin when I tried it but I did not move it as fast as they did in the video. My guess is that they used glycerol.

Anders

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 11:36:08 AM »
Thank you very much for your quick response :D

On your back your skin is thicker so you'd need slightly longer needles for the same results. We mention in the text in our YouTube video on the DermaJet that we do not know what that ghee-like solution is (we did not make those videos and the manufacturer who gave us the clip also doesn't know what that clinician used) but we already remarked recently here that you can basically use any cream or ointment, as long as it is compatible with open skin and you clean the needle cartridge of it thoroughly afterwards, if you plan to reuse it.

If a tan would be a contraindication for needling, we'd be warning against it in our instructions, which we do not :-)

Anders

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 11:37:44 AM »
Thank you! I will try with water otherwise I will buy glycerol :D
Water was sufficient to make the DermaJet move smoothly over the skin when I tried it but I did not move it as fast as they did in the video. My guess is that they used glycerol.