Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Needling thin white scar on forehead  (Read 7769 times)

marcos.andrade

• Forum member
Needling thin white scar on forehead
« on: August 11, 2013, 08:15:31 PM »

Hello Sarah,

I am a 30 years old boy. About 8 months ago I had an accident that left a vertical scar on my forehead. The cut was clean and thin, although quite long (3.5 cm long). Today, the upper and lower parts (where the wound was more superficial) have faded to a point that are merged with the rest of my skin and you can barely see them.

However, the central part (which is 1.5 cm long, where the cut was deeper) has developed scar tissue in a bright white/pinkish colour. I have been using silicone patches and rosehip oil all this time, and I think that the skin in this area has been stretched a bit.

Normally, the scar looks slightly depressed, but when I frown (something that happens very often as I gesticulate very much with forehead and eyebrows) the scar looks a little raised and wrinkled (as you can see in the attached image).

So, here are my questions:

1. Do you think that a dermarolling/dermastamp treatment may be appropiate for this type of scar?

2. What needle size would be suitable for this case? (the scar is not deep, in fact, I did not get stitches or glue on the wound, they just put adhesive strips on).

3. The scar is 8 months. In your opinion, should I wait and see how it evolves itself, or would it better to start with dermaroller now? (I get the feeling that the scar is approaching its final appearance).

4. Should I use just dermaroller, or will be better combined with some other topical medicine/product?

I wish I could hide the most of this scar as it is in a very visible part of my face.

Thank you very much for your help, and please excuse my English (I don't speak English...).

I am looking forward to your tips.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Needling thin white scar on forehead
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 08:39:55 AM »
Yes, microneedling is suitable in your case and you can start now. I suggest trying our single needles (it is a set of five single needles that are 1.8 mm long). You do not have to insert the full length of the needles. Inserting 1 mm is enough. Needle the scar every 2 weeks. If it stays red for more than a few days after needling, needle only every three weeks.

Needling will likely soften the scar texture and make it less visible. You do not have to pre-treat the skin, in your case.

Some of our dispatch people are on holiday so we had to close our store until it opens again on August 23.

marcos.andrade

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 09:51:19 PM »

Thank you very much for your advice Sarah.

I will place an order for single needles this week. Just one more question... You suggest I don't  have to pre-treat the skin in this case, but what about needling after-care? Do you think I should apply Infadolan or not necessary?

Kind regards.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »
Yes, applying a little Infadolan after needling is a good idea. Apply Infadolan at least once a day until the needling looks healed