Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: rolling frequency  (Read 4922 times)

havingfaith

rolling frequency
« on: April 06, 2010, 04:52:09 PM »
Sarah,

With a .5mm roller what is the maximum you can roll in a week?  I was intending on using it 3x a week,  I am a male with thicker skin.    Also to sterilize that size needle length can you just run under warm water after use?  Also I heard that using the same tablets that people use for false teeth will do the trick.  Have you heard of that?

thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
rolling frequency
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 06:46:22 AM »
Hi,

We mention in our instructions that you can roll  twice a week the same skin area with a 0.5 mm roller:

https://http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

I know that other sites encourage you to roll more often, but we think that their advice is based on medical ignorance or commercial motivations (they'll sell three times more rollers that way, as they blunt three times faster).

Rolling more often can be compared to bodybuilding the same muscles every few days. Instead of growing, the muscle will damage more and more, as it gets no time to repair the micro-damage done to it.

EDIT: If you are male with a thicker skin, you can roll three times a week with 0.5 mm. It also depends on where you roll. The skin on a man's back and buttocks is very thick.

No, you can not sterilize anything with warm water alone. You would be seriously grossed out if you would be able to see the result under a microscope!

You would at least need a detergent to get rid of the skin oils. The recommended way is to put the roller in alcohol, as explained in our instructions.

Some people put them in the dishwasher, but we can't guarantee that the roller won't damage or blunt. Our manufacturer claims it's no problem.

Those cleaning tabs may blunt the needles. Those tabs are made to clean plastic, not metal. The tip of a needle is only a few molecules thick, so blunting can happen with acidic or alcalic chemicals, especially when using hot water.