Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Forearm scar  (Read 7011 times)

Alex4725

• Forum member
Forearm scar
« on: August 29, 2013, 12:08:58 PM »
hello, i have quite a few scars on my forearms, one in particular is quite bad, atleast imo it is bad and stops me from wearing short sleeved clothes hwne outside. I was wondering what the best course of action would be to minimize its appearance as much as possible, dermarolling or dermastamp. Here is a pic although its not a very good pic, the scar looks worse in the mirror and is much more deep that the photograph can show.

Thank you

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Forearm scar
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »
Buy a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles and needle your scar very densely every three weeks.

Stamp also the edges of the scar to soften the scar tissue and blend it more with the surrounding skin.

Right after the treatment and until it heals, apply a little of our Infadolan ointment.

Alex4725

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 05:30:14 PM »
Thank you for the reply, but i would like to ask something else unrelated to my forearm scar. I have quite noticeable forehead lines, i was planning on using 1.5mm dermaroller every 4 weeks and a 0.5mm roller twice a week. I don't have vitamin C serum but i am using a mixture of emu oil along with sea buckthorn oil which i apply after rolling, is this ok to use? Oh and i'd rather stay clear of Tretinoin.

Thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 06:43:03 AM »
Applying oils after microneedling is a good idea because oils prevent evaporation of water from the skin thus they are excellent moisturizers. However, acne prone individuals must be careful concerning the face because oils may break them out.

Vit. C and A are not completely necessary but they help establishing ideal conditions in the skin for collagen production.