Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Horrendous Stretch marks..  (Read 22981 times)

JLizzle

• Forum member
Horrendous Stretch marks..
« on: September 03, 2013, 05:06:02 PM »
Hi guys/girls..

Im 23 from the UK...go to the gym and am in good shape, however i cant go topless when im abroad or swimming cos of these horrendous stretch marks.

I have attached 2photos...they go all the way from my armpit to my hip area.

I understand a 2mm Roller will be best..however im confused as Sarah Says you can stamp the stretch marks everyday with the single use dermastamp over the next 4-5weeks until you use the roller again...confused as seen as it recommends the 2mm roller every 5weeks..surely stabbing the marks again will slow down the repair process?

Just want to get these sorted....didnt go abroad this year for this reason as they are awful!

Will appreciate the reply...want to place an order as soon as i know whats best to get.

Thanks

JLizzle

• Forum member
Re: Horrendous Stretch marks..
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 06:24:14 AM »
Bumping this!
Would a 2mm roller and 2mm stamp be best?

went to see my local one who offers the genuine dermaroller..but its £250 a session!

JLizzle

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 06:38:20 AM »
Forgot to say...

Is it worth doing this before considering laser treatment?

I know on your shop you offer Copper peptide + Hyaluronic acid, The Infadolan which id get too..

Is Tretinoin worth spending the money on?

and how should i best use all 3..

I know its use the roller over the whole area..retin first...then the copper peptide + hyaluric acid...then next day put on infadolan?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 06:31:43 PM »
I suggest a regular 1.5 mm dermaroller and a 1.5 mm dermastamp and our 0.1% Tretinoin cream.

Please read:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Stretch-Marks-individual-needling

You do not needle or stamp the same stretch mark every day. You can stamp or needle every day but every day a different stretch mark. Each stretch mark should be treated once a month.

Stamping or needling stretch marks should be done very densely and very thoroughly. If you have just a few stretch marks, you can do them all in one session but if you have many stretch marks, it is wiser to spread t out.

For example, you have 60 stretch marks. Stamp every day 3 stretch marks until they are all done in 20 days.

Please keep us posted about your progress.

When your dermaneedling instruments get blunt, you can always go for size 2 mm in the future but do not start with this size.

JLizzle

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 03:59:36 AM »
I suggest a regular 1.5 mm dermaroller and a 1.5 mm dermastamp and our 0.1% Tretinoin cream.

Please read:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Stretch-Marks-individual-needling

You do not needle or stamp the same stretch mark every day. You can stamp or needle every day but every day a different stretch mark. Each stretch mark should be treated once a month.

Stamping or needling stretch marks should be done very densely and very thoroughly. If you have just a few stretch marks, you can do them all in one session but if you have many stretch marks, it is wiser to spread t out.

For example, you have 60 stretch marks. Stamp every day 3 stretch marks until they are all done in 20 days.

Please keep us posted about your progress.

When your dermaneedling instruments get blunt, you can always go for size 2 mm in the future but do not start with this size.

Thanks Sarah!!
So i dont need the infadolan or the copper peptide stuff?

On your shop....are the OwnDoc ones just as good as they are cheaper in price?

I'd probably roll all my marks...then stamp them all in one day as its just done then and means i can do them all again in like 6weeks once i've rolled them again doesnt it?

Just want to clarify it all before i order!

Only ask about the hyalauric acid and copper peptide as saw you recommend it for stretch marks somewhere else and my marks are awful!

Thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 06:15:57 AM »
You do not need copper peptides but you do need Infadolan. You should follow more or less the routine that is in the link I have given you. That includes Tretinoin and Infadolan.

OwnDoc dermarollers are very good. In fact, OwnDoc rollers have better needles, since for the past 18 months we've occasionally seen reports of bent needle tips in new Dr. Rollers. That's why we're phasing them out. The difference between Dr. Roller and an Owndoc dermaroller is that Dr. Roller has a slightly more robust rolling mechanism but you have to replace your dermarollers when they get blunt so you cannot use the same dermarolling instrument for years anyway (if you use it frequently). The most important part of a roller is good quality needles and Owndoc dermarollers have good quality needles.

You can do all your stretch marks in one session (approx. every 4-6 weeks, depending how quickly your skin heals and how deep and densely you stamp) but only if you have time and energy to do them all thoroughly and densely.

Stamping will make the stretch marks temporarily more red but long term it helps fading the purple color of fresh stretch marks. Do a test patch first. Do not stamp all you stretch marks the first session.

I get emails such as:

I had red fresh stretch marks that i rolled once a month with the 1.5 mm dermaroll. Great improvment. The size is reduced by 50% and the redness turnes to a white" raised worms".
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 06:16:23 AM by SarahVaughter »

JLizzle

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 07:30:17 AM »
Superb!
I will make an order from you ASAP..just need to get the tretinoin in the uk somewhere!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 02:25:34 PM »
We sell it to the UK (again).

JLizzle

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 04:24:02 AM »
Just ordered!

If this doesnt work....like make a BIG imrovement after like 3 sessions....is there anything else i can do?