Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Safely dermarolling/ single needling  (Read 5841 times)

Emily

• Forum member
Safely dermarolling/ single needling
« on: September 09, 2013, 06:46:14 PM »
Hi Sarah,

I wanted to know; on which parts of your body can you NOT use a 2mm dermaroller or single needle?
I read that you can't use a 2mm dermaroller/single needle on your arms? Which length can you use? What about for your breasts? I would like to use the derma roller/single needle for stretch marks. So I was wondering what the longest lengths are that you can use for the different parts of you body..?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Safely dermarolling/ single needling
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 06:25:00 AM »
Sorry for the delayed answer.

This is unfortunately individual. We have customers who bleed a lot with a 0.5 mm dermaroller and we also have customers who do not bleed at all with a 2 mm dermaroller, while rolling exactly the same area as the "0.5 mm bleeding customer".

In general, I do not recommend beginners starting rolling or stamping with a 2 mm size before they get accustomed to mcironeedling and getting their own experience.

Dermaneedling instruments will get eventually blunt and you can always go for longer size with your next instrument.

Also, in general, I do not recommend rolling the face with 2 mm size roller unless you have thick skin but you can use a 2 mm dermastamp locally on deep scars if you are already experienced.

The most common problem so far reported concerning this subject was getting serious bruises after single needling the upper arms and occasionally also elsewhere. This was one of the reason we shortened the single needles from 2 mm to 1.8 mm.

However, the fewer the needles a microneedling instrument has, the easier and deeper they penetrate. The single needle easily penetrates its full length whereas a dermaroller does not.

I suggest you start with a 1.5 mm regular dermaroller and a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles and this size should be OK everywhere.

Stretch marks on the back may need longer size because the skin is usually thicker there than elsewhere.

Related subject:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/skin-thickness/