Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermastamp plus sun exposure  (Read 8895 times)

JMS

• Forum member
Dermastamp plus sun exposure
« on: September 17, 2013, 01:45:15 PM »
Hello Sarah!

I'm excited! My 1 mm dermastamp is on the way!

I spoke with my dermatologist, who does not recommend that I stamp the site where a facial mole was shaved three months ago. She recommends waiting for three - nine months longer, i.e., up to a year, while the skin is still thin and red and the site still healing.

However, I have a newly-formed scar, i.e., about one month old, on my forehead. It's about 7 mm in diameter, slightly raised in the center, pink and shiny, and slightly atrophic around the edges, slightly darkened. It was a kind of allergy hive, now healed. I am wondering if the dermastamp will help with the raised/shiny/pink and atrophic/darkened qualities. Also, can you tell me what you recommend in terms of sun exposure and protection after stamping?

Thank you so much!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Dermastamp plus sun exposure
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 05:48:16 PM »
If the shaven mole area is smooth, you do not have to stamp because the redness will most likely disappear with time. Stamping shaven mole areas is mainly to improve the texture.

Concerning the scar on your forehead, wait three more weeks and then start stamping. In this case, stamp it about every two weeks. For a few days after stamping, do not purposely sunbathe, if you can, wear a hat and apply a sunscreen. If the scar is dark, you should always apply sunscreen (stamping or not) to avoid getting it even darker. 

Essie

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 09:53:39 PM »
I have a similar question and do require an answer....I am stamping on my forehead wrinkles with 0.5m dermastamp. I can say that they have softened a lot and a lot after about a month...however lately I noticed some dark spots and some pigmentation on my forehead...I really don't know whether its Retin A (I only do it 2 to 3 times a week, low strength 0.025) , or maybe Nuface? I do Nuface microcurrent 3 times a week on my forehead..I apply 50+ sunscreen and hardly stay out in the sun, but when I do its kind of a short walk to and from a store etc...Is it still bad to walk in the sun like this even with sunscreen 50?  Do I really really need to avoid the sun and wear a hat all the time??  A bit confused as I  had never had this pigmentation before..

Would appreciate someone's help.

Also when someone lives in a very hot climate...or move to a country where its hotter....should we stop Retin A and also stamping and dermarolling?  Is sunscreen enough?

Thank you so much !

Essie

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 05:51:28 PM »
I am glad to hear your wrinkles softened.

You do not have to avoid the sun or wear a hat all the time. The little sun exposure you describe should normally not result in hyperpigmentation. You may be an exception but I doubt it.

In some unfortunate individuals who are very prone to pigmentations, the skin may react to microneedling by producing more melanin pigment (even without sun exposure). The pigmentation will eventually go away. So far I have only heard about this happening after very aggressive needling of stretch marks with size 1.5 mm or longer.

However, there are individuals whose skin reacts by melanin production to the tiniest skin injury – a bug bite, a pimple, an ingrown hair etc.

If you live in very sunny climate and spend lots of time outside, it is wiser to stop using A-Ret in summer unless you use it for a purpose that should not be interrupted, such as keeping acne under control. If you are very prone to hyperpigmentation, it may be better to avoid rolling and stamping the face in summer.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 05:51:44 PM by SarahVaughter »

Essie

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 01:55:35 PM »
Sarah. thank you very very much for your reply!  I don't consider myself too sensitive to the sun. WHen I was young and even during my early thirties,  I never suffered from pigmentation and always exposed myself to the sun, like sunbathing etc. 

I will follow your advice, however, and should stop stamping and using Retin A (I knew about Retin A and sun) IF I know that I will be in a very hot country, going to the beach, etc. I only use REtin A for wrinkles and not for acne.

I have a feeling that the problem IS with the microcurrent...I don't use it the morning after I stamp, I allow a day so the redness of my stamping will go away.
Reason why I think its Nuface is because a have a small burning mark on my forehead...and although I apply the protective gel, it does appear 'slightly  more red' everytime I use it...and the pigmentation is around the hairline, top forehead. Nowhere else on my face.  Unfortunately I didn't find any information on the internet regarding Nuface and side effects, if any, its just my thoughts...

I have a  few more questions but I will try to find the right thread for them. One small question is whether I can use my favourite eye cream at night UNDERNEATH the infadolan (I love both of them) and if so how much time I need to allow for layering... Also, should Infadolan be used ON EYELIDS or ONLY UNDERNEATH, ON CROWS FEET...I understand if I am out of subject here, would love it if you know the right link to a thread.

Thanks for your replies!
Best