Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermaroller and inflamation  (Read 9341 times)

ostojewa2

• Forum member
Dermaroller and inflamation
« on: October 15, 2013, 01:43:26 PM »
It is said that dermaroller works by indicating inflamation. But what about skin which have predisposition to acne? I'm affraid that dermaroller (deep dermaroller using rather not often but always) by causing skin irritation and inflamation will cause acne back as well...

cesamaddict

• Cesar
  • Forum member
Re: Dermaroller and inflamation
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 01:17:51 AM »
Acne should be under control before starting to Dermaroll.  If your acne is not under control, bacteria from the Active acne can spread to other parts of your face and cause new acne breakouts.  Search the forums for other topics on the matter.

ostojewa2

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 12:44:03 PM »
I thought there should only be no active acne on the areas you use dermaroller.
Acne is under control. But I am not in the state - ''no matter what I do, there will be no acne at all''. I take care of my body, immune system etc. by healthy lifestyle. I was doing much do prevent inflammation state in body, to prevent acne. Now I need to use dermaroller which triggers inflammation so I am affraid.

rachelplmr

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 01:58:04 PM »
Is it acne or just spots put it this way when I stamp I do get a small outbreak  but not spreadable like acne I just try to dab tea tree next day till there gone I admit im carefull though becouse I think if I touched them alot they would become acne
Just be carefull if u did get a few spots  dont stress that will couse more ,

cesamaddict

• Cesar
  • Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 02:49:34 PM »
Remember to do a patch test to see how your skin responds first.  The inflammation is needed in dermarolling because that's when the magic happens and the process gets started.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 06:02:09 PM »
If you currently have mild active acne on your face you can roll but do not roll if you have serious acne full of pus more or less all over your face.

Cesamaddict is right.  Even though acne is not primarily caused by bacteria (it is in fact caused by excessive sebum production, clogging the pores), sometimes bacterial infections coexist in acne affected skin.

Dermarolling unclogs pores so it often prevents or helps acne and post acne spots but dermarolling can theoretically trigger acne flares in certain unfortunate individuals. You should do a small test patch to see how your skin reacts.

In your case, it is perhaps better to use a dermastamp, not a dermaroller. With a dermastamp you can target just the scars.

I hardly ever get emails saying dermarolling triggered acne so it happens rarely.

A few of our customers emailed me they got small bumps on the skin as a reaction to dermarolling but the bumps disappeared without a trace.

If you want to keep acne under control and unclog the pores, you can try our Tretinoin cream.