Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Tretinoin use on stretch marks just after dermastamping  (Read 7558 times)

Tanya2013

• Forum member
Tretinoin use on stretch marks just after dermastamping
« on: October 17, 2013, 02:29:18 PM »
Dear Sarah,

Greetings from Deutschland! First of all, thanks for the superb support system for products through this forum. It really helps to have an extensive discussion of a range of topics when trying something DIY for skin problems.

I am both dermarolling and stamping with 1.5 each for two months now. I also used single needles once but figured that it's too laborious for me, and started stamping instead. Finished two sessions. I am treating stretch marks on legs (behind knees and calves). I can't report any progress yet, and it's not long enough as I have read everywhere.

In the first session I single needled one leg quite extensively (but not enough I guess, as I was a first timer). On the second leg I first dermaroller, then obviously couldn't needle well as it was all red from rolling.
In my second session, I used the dermastamp first quite extensively and then dermarolled the whole area. I don't have specific number of times times and directions for dermarolling..I just roll in random directions (lifting the roller in between and roll until I can take the pain 6-10 times or so after stamping)

My question is: I used tretinoin 0.1% (Retirides 0.1%) immediately after on the stretch marks (they are spaced quite close, so it's hard to miss the normal skin in between..I try nevertheless). I do not seem to peel as I have read everywhere. Also it doesn't sting me immediately after rolling. I have pretty sensitive skin, so this seemed a bit odd to me. Your comments would be valuable to me as a beginner, so I improvise for better results. My scars are very old (puberty around 11 years or so) and I am 31 now.
(I use infadolan and vitamin c too as per the dermarolling instructions and other posts in this forum. I was not consistent with topicals the first time, now I am trying to be more consistent with vit c and retin a. I apply infadolan only on the rolling day, on top of retin a)

Another question is more about statistics. You mentioned somewhere on this forum that a small percent of customers didn't see any improvement in their stretch marks, even after long term rolling. Can there be a pattern in those cases, e.g. Age, gender, how old the marks are etc. which could affect the results..I have my anxieties about the whole process as I am really bothered by mine being in an awkward place..I have plenty of other stretch marks on my tummy, bottom and upper legs, from my twin pregnancy two years ago, which I plan to treat later after I see some success with this area.

I know that this is not a quick fix and it is not going to remove them..all I want is significant reduction and I plan to continue long term and keep you and this community posted with my progress.

Thanks again!  :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Tretinoin use on stretch marks just after dermastamping
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 02:50:52 PM »
Your treatment routine is very good.

The type of reactions to Tretinoin are quite individual, just like the reactions to microneedling. We have customers who get lots of pinpoint bleeding when rolling/stamping with size 0.2 mm and we have those who do not bleed at all with size 2 mm, doing the same area of the body.

We have customers who stay red for weeks after for example stamping their stretch marks and also those that are almost back to normal a day after needing.

I once applied a 0.025% Tretinoin on my face right after rolling with a 0.2 mm dermaroller and I was suffering for hours with a burning face. My skin is not sensitive. Others have no problem doing the same.

No, unfortunately I cannot see any pattern in the improvement of stretch marks except for the fact that the worse the stretch marks look initially, the more obvious will be the improvement. Stretch marks that are smooth and "nice" to start with do not improve that much in comparison.   

Related subject: https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Stretch-Marks-individual-needling