Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Which dermaroller for acne scarring and lines?  (Read 5859 times)

Zelda

Which dermaroller for acne scarring and lines?
« on: August 08, 2010, 07:10:24 AM »
My particular problem is acne scarring and lines (I am 52).  I had read on other sites that the best one for me to buy would be 0.5m, but now reading your site you suggest 1m?

Many thanks for your reply.

Zelda

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Which dermaroller for acne scarring and lines?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 05:23:21 PM »
I would definitely go for the 1 mm roller or longer, if any scars are involved. 0.5 mm can be used for pigmentations (they are usually shallow) or for skin care product penetration enhancement or for speeding up the skin's turnover. A 0.5 mm roller doesn't reach the dermis or merely the top of it (depending how thick your skin is.)

When treating scars, you should use needles long enough to reach the dermis, which is the deeper part of skin.

Use the single needle that we sell, to needle individual scars (scars only).  Use the single needle to needle the individual wrinkles. They will not totally disappear but they will become shallower. I have experience with it myself. It works well but of course don't expect total miracles.