Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: How long will the redness last?  (Read 21425 times)

joonghoon5

How long will the redness last?
« on: September 01, 2010, 02:10:14 PM »
So, I just ordered my 1.5mm scar kit last night, but I just realized that it will come in about two weeks... since I am in the US.

My college starts just around when I get the kit. If I use it, will there be redness on my scars for the next day, or is it just the day I use the roller? And also will there be redness after I use the single needles?

I am planning on doing this once every month, how long does it usually take to do the whole procedure (rolling, ointment)? I hope my roommates can understand my situation.

Thanks Sarah, and I really hope this works for my scars! :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 03:46:46 PM »
The skin looks like you got mild sunburn for a couple of hours after dermarolling. The redness is usually gone within some hours.

The single needling redness lasts much longer, depending how deep you go. That's why we advise our customers to needle only one or two scars in one session such as not to have too many red spots. You can needle every second day one scar or a couple of scars. In that way your face will always look allright - with just couple of red spots.

I cannot answer how long it takes because I do not know what you are planning to roll. Your whole face? That takes about 20 minutes when you are proficient.

Singe needling many scars on your face in one go would take quite some time if you do it thoroughly and properly. Needle the scar from different angles, to different depths and do not forget to do the edges. You should see some pinpoint bleeding with the single needling.

This is our customer's thigh immediately after rolling with a 1.5 mm roller and the other photo shows how the skin looked the day after. The middle photo is an enlargement of the first.

Attached files    

joonghoon5

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 12:10:28 AM »
Oh okay. Thank you so much for your quick response!

I am going to target a small area of rolling scars on my cheeks and a few ice pick scars on my face.

How long will the redness from the single needling last approximately? and are they coverable by tinted moisturizer?

And lastly, do I really need a copper peptide pack? or is okay for me to use only the ointment that is provided during the first session?

I would like my scars to fill up as quickly as possible. :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 06:10:21 AM »
Depending on how vigurously you do it and how deep, also depending on your own individual variability, how quick you heal, how deep the scars are, how thick and tough the collagen there is, redness can take anything from one to a few days. You should do a test with one scar first. Yes, you can cover the redness with tinted moisturizer and no, you don't need a Copper Peptide mask in this case.

gmt2458

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 06:50:00 PM »
Hello

What can you recommend for red needle marks you mentioned? I had two small but bound down scars on my face, in the naso-labial folds. It was from a surgery in which all work was supposed to be done from inside the mouth but when I woke it wasn't.... a long story not to be told.  

I worked from February to August very hard to get the area smooth. The scars were soft after abraiding them, silicone scar sheets, and then doing a peel. A lot of work and stress. But they puckered when I talked and were bound down.

I went to a skin spa operated by a licensed physician though I do not think she is a dermatologist. She did subcision, the first was excellent it released the scar and I felt so much better. But in subsequent visits she used an obviously larger needle and not until after (I can't tell when I'm numb) I said the area is now surfaced scarred with what I call pocky scars. I would not have wanted the area expanded certainly not, and she said she was using the smallest needle she had. Of course it was not a small enough needle because now the surface has pocky scars and I can feel thickness underneath. I could probably handle the wad feeling but not the scars. I would not want any needling if that was what she was intending to do, and from what I've read here, a very small needle must be used if anyone consents to have needling done.

Now I just want to know what is the best course? She did this two weeks apart twice.  In hindsight, I should have questioned the lack of time to heal. I do not think two weeks is enough.

I did a second 25 percent TCA peel this week (did one ten weeks ago) and it went well I am shedding well my skin looked healthy after the first one. But I can tell, this is not going to smooth down those pocky scars.

I hope to maybe try again the dermaroller just on the scar follow by the copper peptide mask. Then also incorporate Vitamin C four weeks before starting this. It will give my skin a chance to recupe enough after the peel.

I am open to anyone's suggestions. It is so devastating to have scars on the face you can't put a hat on your face. But then to see the area widenened with scars that are not smooth. At least if the area is smooth they are easier to deal with.

As an aside, she asked me if I tried dermarolling and says she does it every day. She said she did it daily to get her products into her skin. She does look like she is sunburned, now I realise after reading here, it's probably because she is brushing her skin.  Her skin looks great aside from the sunburn look.

I myself just want to get these scars away. I don't think I can face another season dealing with them.

thanks in advance for any thoughts, advice, support...

gmt

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 08:42:03 AM »
I have sent you this email:

Subcision is a procedure when you go horizontally under the scar with a syringe and you move it to cut up the fibrous bands that are holding the

scar down and make it indented. Loosening the bands usually makes the scar less indented and it is used especially for depressed acne scars.  Is that

the procedure you have had done and you call it "subsicion"? It would be very useful if I knew what king of procedure you had exactly.

The scar might still remodel since it takes many months so it can still  get  better. The skin in the nasolabial area doesn't have much skin fat and it has to  

be  treated carefully.

At the moment I would recommend you to do a pressure massage. Several times a day, you'll apply pressure with your fingers onto the scar for approx. 20

seconds, spot by spot.  This pressure might mechanically reduce your   raised scar. It is used in fresh surgery scars.

I would not recommend you to use a dermaroller at the moment. Let the scar  mature/remodel, try the pressure massage and let me know in 4-5 weeks

whether it improved. We will see what to do then.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 09:05:41 AM »
Addendum: I am not sure I understood your problem well.  Are your scars just red or raised? The redness after needling or rolling is just an inflammation and it always disappears depending how deeply and vigorously you needle.

The procedure you described - subcision- is a different and much more traumatic procedure than needling.  You go horizontally underneath the scar with a thick needle and cut the fiber under the scar. The redness from subcision may last a very long time but it helps to release certain indented scars. The redness will heal, eventually.

I understood from your email that your problem is that the scars are now raised, that's why I suggested the pressure massage. It is used for raised scars.