Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: can I use the Hyaluronic acid serum 100% pure?  (Read 25552 times)

missy

can I use the Hyaluronic acid serum 100% pure?
« on: February 27, 2011, 03:50:30 PM »
right after dermarolling can I use the  Hyaluronic acid serum 100% pure?

I consitter to try it?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
can I use the Hyaluronic acid serum 100% pure?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 10:05:59 AM »
Hyaluronic acid is a Glycosaminoglycan naturally found in human skin, joints, saliva and elsewhere in the body. It has a very short half-life and it is constantly replenished.

Hyaluronic acid binds to water, forming a viscous "gel" acting mainly as cushioning and lubricant. Cross-linked (stabilized gel) hyaluronic acid (such as Restylane, Juviderm or Captique) is used as injectable filler to plump up wrinkles, folds, lips or scars. Its effect lasts up to one year.

Topical administration is not effective because the molecule is too large to penetrate the skin. Using it as a topical moisturizer is controversial. It binds to water and should draw water from the air but in case of low air humidity, it will likely draw water out of your skin. That is why it should be applied to the deeper layers of the skin.

Hyaluronic acid is localized in the dermis and in the middle epidermis, but not in the stratum corneum or stratum granulosum – the outermost skin layers.

If you apply it after dermarolling, hyaluronic acid will be able to penetrate and get deeper.

I would certainly not recommend applying 100% hyaluronic acid after dermarolling. You should start slowly. Dilute your hyaluronic acid with a cream to reduce the concentration. If your skin reacts positively, slowly build up the concentration each time.

Do a test patch first. Preferably not on your face.

Do not overdo it.  Especially when you are young, your skin has enough HA. Application is useful in aging skin.

Hyaluronic acid (Restylane) is  normally present in the body and the fillers from hyaluronic acid would  last mere hours or days. That is why the hyaluronic acid   in the fillers is crosslinked, which makes it much longer lasting.

Some plastic surgeons administer hyaluronic acid in about 2 mm deep micro-injections across the whole face or the back of the hands for skin rejuvenation.
They usually use the cross-linked, stabilized HA.  Stabilized HA is very expensive.

Non-stabilized hyaluronic acid products are gone (metabolized) within days of the injection.

Please let us know how it goes.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 01:50:13 PM by SarahVaughter »

moe123

• Forum member
Re: can I use the Hyaluronic acid serum 100% pure?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 11:22:43 AM »
Does this mean that if you aren't using a dermaroller of at least 2.0mm the hyaluronic serum likely is not being absorbed into the skin?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: can I use the Hyaluronic acid serum 100% pure?
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 06:01:55 PM »
Most likely, it will not be absorbed into the skin and it will stay on its surface. The skin is not easily penetrable because it is supposed to protect us.

Not at least a 2.0 mm but at least a 0.2 mm.

If you are relatively young, your skin has enough of its own hyaluronic acid. No need for supplying the skin with it.